Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Running W8 now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kurifodo
I post too much
Reputation: 23

Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 2782

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apotheoun wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
M. wrote:
+Paulo wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
Treekodar wrote:
I'm quite enjoying the faster boot time. Whether Windows 8 really is better when it comes to pentacore CPUs has yet to be seen but I don't doubt for a second that Microsoft will roll out updates quickly to optimize as much as possible. The zero-day improvements is a nice change as well. Even The tiles are pretty neat if you plan to use your computer as a mediacenter.
I don't care for faster boot times, I rarely turn my computer off.

Who still turns off his PC?
I do because I don't waste electricity like a faget
oh no, an extra dollar to pay on the electricity bill!
My computer pulls at any point in time 400W+ from the wall. When turned off my house's electricity bill is $20 cheaper a month.


Now multiply that by a year or even five n dat petty dorrar is a hefty grand

_________________
Anon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater
Reputation: 20

Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel³ wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
M. wrote:
+Paulo wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
Treekodar wrote:
I'm quite enjoying the faster boot time. Whether Windows 8 really is better when it comes to pentacore CPUs has yet to be seen but I don't doubt for a second that Microsoft will roll out updates quickly to optimize as much as possible. The zero-day improvements is a nice change as well. Even The tiles are pretty neat if you plan to use your computer as a mediacenter.
I don't care for faster boot times, I rarely turn my computer off.

Who still turns off his PC?
I do because I don't waste electricity like a faget
oh no, an extra dollar to pay on the electricity bill!
My computer pulls at any point in time 400W+ from the wall. When turned off my house's electricity bill is $20 cheaper a month.


Now multiply that by a year or even five n dat petty dorrar is a hefty grand
Multiply that by the 5 other computers in my house running 24/7 and it's a significant amount a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nirojan
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 108

Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 0
Location: seshville

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why doesnt up2 just leave all his lights on at night
hell leave the shower on too, its too much of a hassle to turn it back on

_________________
Quote:
yo i b 22 tryna make it in dis rap game but da steetz dont got luv for no wun na mean so im out hea tryna holla at da fams on dis innernet shit u no way i sayin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater
Reputation: 20

Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater
Reputation: 20

Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.
No, because my parts don't fail after $20. They fail after I've already saved $1k+. So yeah, I'd rather save $1k or more and spend $100 of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
potaters
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 969

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.

That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clash of clans hacks
Master Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 368
Location: Remember when we all used to put funny lines here?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I turn off my pc (or at least put it in standby) and all the lights and TV every time I leave the room for more than 5 minutes. Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment. I know it hardly changes anything, but still, I feel bad when wasting stuff.
I worked at a hotel a while ago, and like half of the (empty) rooms I entered still had the lights and the TV on, because some people are just too lazy to push a fucking button before leaving. This pissed me off so much.

Anyways,
I'm running Windows 8 too, and besides the rocky start-off, I'm liking it. Just needs some getting used to. Only thing I don't like is that you can't quickly search in the start menu like you could in Windows 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment

you are the worst kind of person

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not using electricity to save the environment is like not eating beef to save cows.
The electricity's already been generated from fossil fuels, and the cow's already been slaughtered and prepared.
Just fucking eat it.
If you want to save the environment, go strap a bomb to yourself and run into the power plant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potaters wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.

That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol.
Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
potaters wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.

That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol.
Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does.
Unless your laptop has a good cooling system.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up2Admin wrote:
Brolock wrote:
potaters wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.

That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol.
Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does.
Unless your laptop has a good cooling system.
and if you do that you obviously don't care about money so it doesn't matter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Up2Admin
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 6550
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
Up2Admin wrote:
Brolock wrote:
potaters wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings.
I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad.
so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok.

That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol.
Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does.
Unless your laptop has a good cooling system.
and if you do that you obviously don't care about money so it doesn't matter
Sounds about right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites