| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Kurifodo I post too much
Reputation: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Posts: 2782
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:40 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Apotheoun wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | M. wrote: | | +Paulo wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | Treekodar wrote: | | I'm quite enjoying the faster boot time. Whether Windows 8 really is better when it comes to pentacore CPUs has yet to be seen but I don't doubt for a second that Microsoft will roll out updates quickly to optimize as much as possible. The zero-day improvements is a nice change as well. Even The tiles are pretty neat if you plan to use your computer as a mediacenter. | I don't care for faster boot times, I rarely turn my computer off. |
Who still turns off his PC? | I do because I don't waste electricity like a faget | oh no, an extra dollar to pay on the electricity bill! | My computer pulls at any point in time 400W+ from the wall. When turned off my house's electricity bill is $20 cheaper a month. |
Now multiply that by a year or even five n dat petty dorrar is a hefty grand _________________
Anon |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Barnold Swolezzenegger Cheater
Reputation: 20
Joined: 12 Mar 2011 Posts: 45
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Samuel³ wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | M. wrote: | | +Paulo wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | Treekodar wrote: | | I'm quite enjoying the faster boot time. Whether Windows 8 really is better when it comes to pentacore CPUs has yet to be seen but I don't doubt for a second that Microsoft will roll out updates quickly to optimize as much as possible. The zero-day improvements is a nice change as well. Even The tiles are pretty neat if you plan to use your computer as a mediacenter. | I don't care for faster boot times, I rarely turn my computer off. |
Who still turns off his PC? | I do because I don't waste electricity like a faget | oh no, an extra dollar to pay on the electricity bill! | My computer pulls at any point in time 400W+ from the wall. When turned off my house's electricity bill is $20 cheaper a month. |
Now multiply that by a year or even five n dat petty dorrar is a hefty grand | Multiply that by the 5 other computers in my house running 24/7 and it's a significant amount a year. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Nirojan How do I cheat?
Reputation: 108
Joined: 16 Sep 2008 Posts: 0 Location: seshville
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
why doesnt up2 just leave all his lights on at night
hell leave the shower on too, its too much of a hassle to turn it back on _________________
| Quote: | | yo i b 22 tryna make it in dis rap game but da steetz dont got luv for no wun na mean so im out hea tryna holla at da fams on dis innernet shit u no way i sayin |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Barnold Swolezzenegger Cheater
Reputation: 20
Joined: 12 Mar 2011 Posts: 45
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Barnold Swolezzenegger Cheater
Reputation: 20
Joined: 12 Mar 2011 Posts: 45
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. | No, because my parts don't fail after $20. They fail after I've already saved $1k+. So yeah, I'd rather save $1k or more and spend $100 of it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. |
That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
clash of clans hacks Master Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 Posts: 368 Location: Remember when we all used to put funny lines here?
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Wow, I turn off my pc (or at least put it in standby) and all the lights and TV every time I leave the room for more than 5 minutes. Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment. I know it hardly changes anything, but still, I feel bad when wasting stuff.
I worked at a hotel a while ago, and like half of the (empty) rooms I entered still had the lights and the TV on, because some people are just too lazy to push a fucking button before leaving. This pissed me off so much.
Anyways,
I'm running Windows 8 too, and besides the rocky start-off, I'm liking it. Just needs some getting used to. Only thing I don't like is that you can't quickly search in the start menu like you could in Windows 7. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm Post subject: |
|
|
>Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment
you are the worst kind of person _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:31 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Not using electricity to save the environment is like not eating beef to save cows.
The electricity's already been generated from fossil fuels, and the cow's already been slaughtered and prepared.
Just fucking eat it.
If you want to save the environment, go strap a bomb to yourself and run into the power plant. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| potaters wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. |
That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol. | Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. |
That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol. | Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does. | Unless your laptop has a good cooling system. _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Up2Admin wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. |
That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol. | Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does. | Unless your laptop has a good cooling system. | and if you do that you obviously don't care about money so it doesn't matter |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | its better for your components to be left on then to be turned on and off multiple times, enjoy your broken hardware and $20 a month savings. | I'll enjoy my disposable income that allows me to fix any parts that go bad the day they go bad. | so youd rather spend $100~ then $20 ok. |
That's assuming the worst possible situation (which is very unlikely).
I've had my laptop for like 3 or 4 years now and I shut it down every night and none of my components have ever had problems. So you think if you turn off your computer every day all your shit starts to fail or what lol. | Laptop hardware is different, its better to shut your laptop down, the parts get hotter and that reduces the life span more then shutting it down does. | Unless your laptop has a good cooling system. | and if you do that you obviously don't care about money so it doesn't matter | Sounds about right. _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|