| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
xV I post too much
Reputation: 1
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 3783 Location: Seattle
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 pm Post subject: New build help |
|
|
So, I want to build a new computer and have this build from forever, thanks to blank.
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=8231385
I want to cut down some stuff and reduce the price. I don't game that much on the computer, I have a 360 and PS3 for that. So I'm wondering what I should do. Also, I think the PSU is a little overkill, so what can I replace that with? Thanks.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
WiCk3DxT Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 03 Oct 2006 Posts: 344 Location: In a Nike SB store. :]
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:24 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Can't see anything why don't you print screen and upload it?
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Waly Master Cheater
Reputation: -1
Joined: 25 Nov 2008 Posts: 293
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| That's your wishlist; we can't see it unless we could login to your account. Like said above me, take a screenie.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karakawe I post too much
Reputation: 3
Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 3899
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
You just have to log in to see it, not a huge deal.
EDIT:
Solid build. You could cut back on the PSU wattage if you want to shave off a few dollars. The rest is fine.
Oh, didn't read correctly. What's your overall budget?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
NeverForgotten Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2
Joined: 20 Oct 2007 Posts: 1616 Location: Wii
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:57 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Karakawe wrote: | You just have to log in to see it, not a huge deal.
EDIT:
Solid build. You could cut back on the PSU wattage if you want to shave off a few dollars. The rest is fine.
Oh, didn't read correctly. What's your overall budget? |
Big deal to people without an account
Take a pic and upload it
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Pancake Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 26 Jul 2007 Posts: 843
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
the antec 900 should come with the fans, save youself 35 bucks. they sent me fans with it. but yeah, there are 2 empty slots, but the tuniq is too big for you to fit a side case fan. so only slot, im not sure if the 4870 will be too big to block the other slot, so you're fine on that one.
how much are you going to oc?
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karakawe I post too much
Reputation: 3
Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 3899
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
HDD is out of stock, but any brand will do.
COMPONENTS:
-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
-ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
-HIS Hightech H487F512P Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
-CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core -Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
-CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-8500C5D - Retail
-Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EACS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model iHAS120-04 - OEM
-Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink - Retail
jst700's right, the standard case fans are likely to be sufficient.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
xV I post too much
Reputation: 1
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 3783 Location: Seattle
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Alright, so I'll get rid of the fans, does it come with that huge 200MM fan? Or will I have to buy that on my own? I think I'll cut back on the CPU. You think http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115132 will work?
Also, my budget is somewhere around $800, maybe $900USD.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karakawe I post too much
Reputation: 3
Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 3899
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Code: | 1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan with 3-speed switch control
2 x 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
1 x 200mm top fan |
They're all included.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
NeverForgotten Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2
Joined: 20 Oct 2007 Posts: 1616 Location: Wii
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:34 pm Post subject: |
|
|
As for the CPU, it would be better to get a quad core as it will become more used by applications in the future.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
kls85 I post too much
Reputation: 22
Joined: 18 Jul 2008 Posts: 2757 Location: Under ur bed
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Karakawe wrote: | | Code: | 1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan with 3-speed switch control
2 x 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
1 x 200mm top fan |
They're all included. |
The case also come with 3 extra fans and that was not preinstalled with the case. Antec is not generous enough to give it, but it's a massive defect with the fans which forced them too.
For those who got the Antec 900 case (if you still have all the documentations). A small sheet of paper will tell you what the defect is.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karakawe I post too much
Reputation: 3
Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 3899
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:01 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| kls85 wrote: | | Karakawe wrote: | | Code: | 1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan with 3-speed switch control
2 x 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
1 x 200mm top fan |
They're all included. |
The case also come with 3 extra fans and that was not preinstalled with the case. Antec is not generous enough to give it, but it's a massive defect with the fans which forced them too.
For those who got the Antec 900 case (if you still have all the documentations). A small sheet of paper will tell you what the defect is. |
Good call. I had almost gone with a Nine Hundred, but settled for an NZXT.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
superweapons Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Posts: 1355 Location: The Internet. Where else?
|
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 pm Post subject: |
|
|
You're paying too much for the DDR2 RAM. Anyways, you should just stick with DDR2-800 RAM. You can get a Corsair 4GB DDR2-800 kit for about $20 after rebates.
PSU is also overkill, get a 520W/550W Corsair PSU.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
xV I post too much
Reputation: 1
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 3783 Location: Seattle
|
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I cut down to a 600watt PSU, and my brother picked out a different video card, cut down to dual core since I don't do much 3D stuff anyway, and if the future calls it then maybe I'll upgrade later.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|