Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


New build help

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xV
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3783
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: New build help Reply with quote

So, I want to build a new computer and have this build from forever, thanks to blank.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=8231385

I want to cut down some stuff and reduce the price. I don't game that much on the computer, I have a 360 and PS3 for that. So I'm wondering what I should do. Also, I think the PSU is a little overkill, so what can I replace that with? Thanks.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
WiCk3DxT
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 344
Location: In a Nike SB store. :]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see anything why don't you print screen and upload it?
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Waly
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 293

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's your wishlist; we can't see it unless we could login to your account. Like said above me, take a screenie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to log in to see it, not a huge deal.
EDIT:
Solid build. You could cut back on the PSU wattage if you want to shave off a few dollars. The rest is fine.
Oh, didn't read correctly. What's your overall budget?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Wii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karakawe wrote:
You just have to log in to see it, not a huge deal.
EDIT:
Solid build. You could cut back on the PSU wattage if you want to shave off a few dollars. The rest is fine.
Oh, didn't read correctly. What's your overall budget?


Big deal to people without an account
Take a pic and upload it

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pancake
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 843

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the antec 900 should come with the fans, save youself 35 bucks. they sent me fans with it. but yeah, there are 2 empty slots, but the tuniq is too big for you to fit a side case fan. so only slot, im not sure if the 4870 will be too big to block the other slot, so you're fine on that one.

how much are you going to oc?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDD is out of stock, but any brand will do.

COMPONENTS:
-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
-ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
-HIS Hightech H487F512P Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
-CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core -Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
-CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-8500C5D - Retail
-Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EACS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model iHAS120-04 - OEM
-Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink - Retail

jst700's right, the standard case fans are likely to be sufficient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xV
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3783
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I'll get rid of the fans, does it come with that huge 200MM fan? Or will I have to buy that on my own? I think I'll cut back on the CPU. You think http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115132 will work?

Also, my budget is somewhere around $800, maybe $900USD.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan with 3-speed switch control
2 x 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
1 x 200mm top fan

They're all included.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Wii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xVi wrote:
Alright, so I'll get rid of the fans, does it come with that huge 200MM fan? Or will I have to buy that on my own? I think I'll cut back on the CPU. You think http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115132 will work?

Also, my budget is somewhere around $800, maybe $900USD.


As for the CPU, it would be better to get a quad core as it will become more used by applications in the future.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kls85
I post too much
Reputation: 22

Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2757
Location: Under ur bed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karakawe wrote:
Code:
1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan with 3-speed switch control
2 x 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
1 x 200mm top fan

They're all included.



The case also come with 3 extra fans and that was not preinstalled with the case. Antec is not generous enough to give it, but it's a massive defect with the fans which forced them too.

For those who got the Antec 900 case (if you still have all the documentations). A small sheet of paper will tell you what the defect is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
Karakawe wrote:
Code:
1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan with 3-speed switch control
2 x 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
1 x 200mm top fan

They're all included.



The case also come with 3 extra fans and that was not preinstalled with the case. Antec is not generous enough to give it, but it's a massive defect with the fans which forced them too.

For those who got the Antec 900 case (if you still have all the documentations). A small sheet of paper will tell you what the defect is.

Good call. I had almost gone with a Nine Hundred, but settled for an NZXT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superweapons
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 1355
Location: The Internet. Where else?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're paying too much for the DDR2 RAM. Anyways, you should just stick with DDR2-800 RAM. You can get a Corsair 4GB DDR2-800 kit for about $20 after rebates.

PSU is also overkill, get a 520W/550W Corsair PSU.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xV
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3783
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut down to a 600watt PSU, and my brother picked out a different video card, cut down to dual core since I don't do much 3D stuff anyway, and if the future calls it then maybe I'll upgrade later.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites