Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


halp with math

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Negima
I post too much
Reputation: 6

Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 2221

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: halp with math Reply with quote

plz help with algebra age problem
Code:
A father is now 24 years older than his son. In 8 years, the father will be twice as old as his son will be then. Find their present ages.


So far I got this
Code:
Let
Son=X
Father=x+24
In 8 years...

Someone please help me with the next part. I can do all the solving after I find out with the father and son equal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Negima
I post too much
Reputation: 6

Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 2221

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloeilamp wrote:
the father is 40 and the son is 16, 8 years later the father is 48 and the son is 24.
Please show your work so I know what you did for the next problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reak
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 3496

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// I are dumb.

Last edited by Reak on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reak
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 3496

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloeilamp wrote:
rEakW0n wrote:
The son is 6 years old.

Father = 30
Son= 6

In 8 years:

Father = 38
Son = 14

Father/2 = Son


There are more solutions, I guess.


test results: you're a monkey


14 x 2 = 28


rofl ya true, I'm so dumb lol

I always hated these exercises


Last edited by Reak on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nox
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 227
Location: brooklyn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait what the fuck im way too blazed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reak
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 3496

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so like that

S+24=F
F+8/2=S+8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyte
Peanuts!!!!
Reputation: 6

Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 1887
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son = S
Father = F

Statements that make each situation true:
F = S + 24
F + 8 = 2(S + 8)

Substitute/Solve:
(S + 24) + 8 = 2(S + 8)
S + 32 = 2S + 16
S = 16

F = 16 + 24
F = 40

16, 40

Add 8 to both for the second answer:

24, 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nox
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 227
Location: brooklyn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x+24= y
y=2x

x+24=2x
24=x

figures out the future pair, just minus 8 for the others
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noz3001
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 6220
Location: /dev/null

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
adrxone
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 644

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

42
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RazZ91
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Posts: 1207
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites