Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


I got a virus, and I just can't hide it
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: I got a virus, and I just can't hide it Reply with quote

fucking js ads
my browser restarted and now links are all changed to fucking ad redirects
idk what av to use cause I never use em, I just ran malwarebytes and it didn't fix it, gonna run avast now.
Suggestions?
I could reinstall firefox but that won't completely solve the issue.
I'll back all my stuff up tomorrow in case I have to reformat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Chezzmo
Cheater
Reputation: 29

Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avira.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
paupav
Master Cheater
Reputation: 13

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Posts: 314
Location: P. Sherman 42, Wallaby Way, Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: I got a virus, and I just can't hide it Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
fucking js ads
my browser restarted and now links are all changed to fucking ad redirects
idk what av to use cause I never use em, I just ran malwarebytes and it didn't fix it, gonna run avast now.
Suggestions?
I could reinstall firefox but that won't completely solve the issue.
I'll back all my stuff up tomorrow in case I have to reformat.


LOL, had same problem on windows but then i started using Ubuntu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: I got a virus, and I just can't hide it Reply with quote

+Paulo wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
fucking js ads
my browser restarted and now links are all changed to fucking ad redirects
idk what av to use cause I never use em, I just ran malwarebytes and it didn't fix it, gonna run avast now.
Suggestions?
I could reinstall firefox but that won't completely solve the issue.
I'll back all my stuff up tomorrow in case I have to reformat.


LOL, had same problem on windows but then i started using Ubuntu.

I had ubuntu once, it was a nice media player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally exactly the same thing happened to me today, except it would lag me really hard. Idk wtf happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Literally exactly the same thing happened to me today, except it would lag me really hard. Idk wtf happened.

inb4 brolock botnet rant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138

Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1757
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prevent it by installing Microsoft Security Essentials: it's awesome. Uses insanely little resources, and works perfectly.

Good luck citizen,
Captain Hindsight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats working as intended, the google botnet
it has already begun
it has already happened
it has
you could have prevented this

panic.


also use MSE like ani said or ZoneAlarm and always use noscript and ad block
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kurifodo
I post too much
Reputation: 23

Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 2782

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop. http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.

2.Click on Delete button.

3.Confirm each time with OK.

4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
thats working as intended, the google botnet
it has already begun
it has already happened
it has
you could have prevented this

panic.


also use MSE like ani said or ZoneAlarm and always use noscript and ad block

malwarebytes
avast
spybot
mse
ALL FOUND NOTHING D:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kurifodo
I post too much
Reputation: 23

Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 2782

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel³ wrote:
Quote:
Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop. http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.

2.Click on Delete button.

3.Confirm each time with OK.

4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.


Malwarebytes didnt find anything but this found 4 and deleted them and it worked

Shut up and take my money(advice)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel³ wrote:
Samuel³ wrote:
Quote:
Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop. http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.

2.Click on Delete button.

3.Confirm each time with OK.

4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.


Malwarebytes didnt find anything but this found 4 and deleted them and it worked

Shut up and take my money(advice)

I will after I back my shit up because I don't trust the french.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Chezzmo
Cheater
Reputation: 29

Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avira.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1819

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right avira found nothing as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sui
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 7

Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaspersky, if i had shit it always found it.
And i rarely get shit.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites