| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am Post subject: I got a virus, and I just can't hide it |
|
|
fucking js ads
my browser restarted and now links are all changed to fucking ad redirects
idk what av to use cause I never use em, I just ran malwarebytes and it didn't fix it, gonna run avast now.
Suggestions?
I could reinstall firefox but that won't completely solve the issue.
I'll back all my stuff up tomorrow in case I have to reformat.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
King Chezzmo Cheater
Reputation: 29
Joined: 10 Nov 2009 Posts: 43
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 am Post subject: |
|
|
Avira.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
paupav Master Cheater
Reputation: 13
Joined: 15 Apr 2011 Posts: 314 Location: P. Sherman 42, Wallaby Way, Sydney
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 am Post subject: Re: I got a virus, and I just can't hide it |
|
|
| Cryoma wrote: | fucking js ads
my browser restarted and now links are all changed to fucking ad redirects
idk what av to use cause I never use em, I just ran malwarebytes and it didn't fix it, gonna run avast now.
Suggestions?
I could reinstall firefox but that won't completely solve the issue.
I'll back all my stuff up tomorrow in case I have to reformat. |
LOL, had same problem on windows but then i started using Ubuntu.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:19 am Post subject: Re: I got a virus, and I just can't hide it |
|
|
| +Paulo wrote: | | Cryoma wrote: | fucking js ads
my browser restarted and now links are all changed to fucking ad redirects
idk what av to use cause I never use em, I just ran malwarebytes and it didn't fix it, gonna run avast now.
Suggestions?
I could reinstall firefox but that won't completely solve the issue.
I'll back all my stuff up tomorrow in case I have to reformat. |
LOL, had same problem on windows but then i started using Ubuntu. |
I had ubuntu once, it was a nice media player.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
1929394839292057839194958 Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130
Joined: 22 Dec 2006 Posts: 1509
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Literally exactly the same thing happened to me today, except it would lag me really hard. Idk wtf happened.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:37 am Post subject: |
|
|
| konr wrote: | | Literally exactly the same thing happened to me today, except it would lag me really hard. Idk wtf happened. |
inb4 brolock botnet rant
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Aniblaze Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138
Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Posts: 1757 Location: The Netherlands
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 am Post subject: |
|
|
Prevent it by installing Microsoft Security Essentials: it's awesome. Uses insanely little resources, and works perfectly.
Good luck citizen,
Captain Hindsight
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 am Post subject: |
|
|
thats working as intended, the google botnet
it has already begun
it has already happened
it has
you could have prevented this
panic.
also use MSE like ani said or ZoneAlarm and always use noscript and ad block
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kurifodo I post too much
Reputation: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Posts: 2782
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Quote: | Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop. http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.
2.Click on Delete button.
3.Confirm each time with OK.
4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | thats working as intended, the google botnet
it has already begun
it has already happened
it has
you could have prevented this
panic.
also use MSE like ani said or ZoneAlarm and always use noscript and ad block |
malwarebytes
avast
spybot
mse
ALL FOUND NOTHING D:
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kurifodo I post too much
Reputation: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Posts: 2782
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Samuel³ wrote: | | Quote: | Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop. http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.
2.Click on Delete button.
3.Confirm each time with OK.
4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply. |
|
Malwarebytes didnt find anything but this found 4 and deleted them and it worked
Shut up and take my money(advice)
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Samuel³ wrote: | | Samuel³ wrote: | | Quote: | Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop. http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.
2.Click on Delete button.
3.Confirm each time with OK.
4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply. |
|
Malwarebytes didnt find anything but this found 4 and deleted them and it worked
Shut up and take my money(advice) |
I will after I back my shit up because I don't trust the french.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
King Chezzmo Cheater
Reputation: 29
Joined: 10 Nov 2009 Posts: 43
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Avira.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Oh right avira found nothing as well.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Sui Expert Cheater
Reputation: 7
Joined: 04 Sep 2008 Posts: 119
|
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 pm Post subject: |
|
|
kaspersky, if i had shit it always found it.
And i rarely get shit.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|