| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Phox I post too much
Reputation: 110
Joined: 11 Nov 2008 Posts: 2034
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 pm Post subject: Hey computer guys, question |
|
|
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6726615/Gattaca_1997_720p_BRRip_Ali_Baloch_Silver_RG
That's what I just downloaded. I figured that with a few comments, a few seeders, and the fact that this guy as a billion uploads, it would be okay. However, whenever I go to the folder that I downloaded this to, explorer crashes and restarts. Sign of a virus? Serious answers please.
Oh yeah, I scanned with several virus scanners and whatnot, but as we all know, virus scanners are worthless pieces of junk.
Last edited by Phox on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Garavito Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 21 Jun 2009 Posts: 387
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Don't download HD movies unless you have an account on HDBits, HDChina, HDCorea, or CHDBits.
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phox I post too much
Reputation: 110
Joined: 11 Nov 2008 Posts: 2034
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Krillen's Chillin' wrote: | | Don't download HD movies unless you have an account on HDBits, HDChina, HDCorea, or CHDBits. | thanks for not answering my question
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Talix wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb |
fuck you, tpb trusted users upload viruses too | i haven't got viruses from tpb ever. obviously we can't 100% answer his question without downloading it ourselves and checking, so im giving him my experience
also the comments dont mention anything
Last edited by br0l0ck on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Talix wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | Talix wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb |
fuck you, tpb trusted users upload viruses too | i haven't got viruses from tpb ever. obviously we can't 100% answer his question without downloading it ourselves and checking, so im giving him my experience |
fuck your experience | you're*
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phox I post too much
Reputation: 110
Joined: 11 Nov 2008 Posts: 2034
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:26 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb | It's not that I open the file and shit happens, I actually am opening the folder that the folder that the file is in, and explorer crashes and restarts. I've restarted, no visible problems other than that. On the other hand, if there is a virus I don't want to sit around and wait for it to deliver it's payload.
And then there's the factor that I really want to watch this movie already.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm Post subject: |
|
|
if you're using a certain codec, it usually starts to produce the thumbnails, so that could cause it to lag.
if theres someway you can open the files without using explorer, like opening them with run, then you can check and see if they work or not.
to be safe you really would just want to remove the files, but im sure its not a virus
even if it is a virus, why would opening the folder crash explorer instead of the infected file?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Hero I'm a spammer
Reputation: 79
Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 7154
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| >not using IPT.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 pm Post subject: |
|
|
downloaded myself;works fine
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phox I post too much
Reputation: 110
Joined: 11 Nov 2008 Posts: 2034
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | downloaded myself;works fine
 | Whatever, deleted it. I guess Utorrent fucked the folder to shit or something.
I feel better that I don't have to wipe my disk, but the problem still remains of finding another torrent.
@Hero, I don't have an IPT account, don't you have to be invited, and also maintain a ratio and stuff?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
kosmas Expert Cheater
Reputation: 9
Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Posts: 157
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | downloaded myself;works fine
 |
why vista
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
emil Expert Cheater
Reputation: 41
Joined: 06 Dec 2008 Posts: 239
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Krillen's Chillin' wrote: | | Don't download HD movies unless you have an account on HDBits, HDChina, HDCorea, or CHDBits. | /r/ HDBits invite
I have like a 35/20 connection and a 8.04 ratio on ipt with around 1 tb uploaded.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Evil_Intentions Expert Cheater
Reputation: 65
Joined: 07 Jan 2010 Posts: 214
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
@phox yea, you need to maintain. Pretty easy with freeleech torrents though. The download doesn't go toward your ratio, but upload does.
I think I have an invite I can send you as long as you keep your ratio nice.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Hero I'm a spammer
Reputation: 79
Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 7154
|
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 pm Post subject: |
|
|
>utorrent
Welcome to the botnet.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|