Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Hey computer guys, question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Hey computer guys, question Reply with quote

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6726615/Gattaca_1997_720p_BRRip_Ali_Baloch_Silver_RG

That's what I just downloaded. I figured that with a few comments, a few seeders, and the fact that this guy as a billion uploads, it would be okay. However, whenever I go to the folder that I downloaded this to, explorer crashes and restarts. Sign of a virus? Serious answers please.

Oh yeah, I scanned with several virus scanners and whatnot, but as we all know, virus scanners are worthless pieces of junk.


Last edited by Phox on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Garavito
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't download HD movies unless you have an account on HDBits, HDChina, HDCorea, or CHDBits.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krillen's Chillin' wrote:
Don't download HD movies unless you have an account on HDBits, HDChina, HDCorea, or CHDBits.
thanks for not answering my question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talix wrote:
Brolock wrote:
your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb

fuck you, tpb trusted users upload viruses too
i haven't got viruses from tpb ever. obviously we can't 100% answer his question without downloading it ourselves and checking, so im giving him my experience

also the comments dont mention anything


Last edited by br0l0ck on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talix wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Talix wrote:
Brolock wrote:
your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb

fuck you, tpb trusted users upload viruses too
i haven't got viruses from tpb ever. obviously we can't 100% answer his question without downloading it ourselves and checking, so im giving him my experience

fuck your experience
you're*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
your computer is probly shit and cant render 720p correctly
really im sure its not a virus if this guy is trusted on tpb
It's not that I open the file and shit happens, I actually am opening the folder that the folder that the file is in, and explorer crashes and restarts. I've restarted, no visible problems other than that. On the other hand, if there is a virus I don't want to sit around and wait for it to deliver it's payload.

And then there's the factor that I really want to watch this movie already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're using a certain codec, it usually starts to produce the thumbnails, so that could cause it to lag.
if theres someway you can open the files without using explorer, like opening them with run, then you can check and see if they work or not.
to be safe you really would just want to remove the files, but im sure its not a virus
even if it is a virus, why would opening the folder crash explorer instead of the infected file?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hero
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 79

Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Posts: 7154

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>not using IPT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downloaded myself;works fine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2034

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
downloaded myself;works fine
Whatever, deleted it. I guess Utorrent fucked the folder to shit or something.

I feel better that I don't have to wipe my disk, but the problem still remains of finding another torrent.

@Hero, I don't have an IPT account, don't you have to be invited, and also maintain a ratio and stuff?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kosmas
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 9

Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Posts: 157

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
downloaded myself;works fine


why vista
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
emil
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 41

Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 239

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krillen's Chillin' wrote:
Don't download HD movies unless you have an account on HDBits, HDChina, HDCorea, or CHDBits.
/r/ HDBits invite
I have like a 35/20 connection and a 8.04 ratio on ipt with around 1 tb uploaded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 65

Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 214

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@phox yea, you need to maintain. Pretty easy with freeleech torrents though. The download doesn't go toward your ratio, but upload does.

I think I have an invite I can send you as long as you keep your ratio nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hero
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 79

Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Posts: 7154

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>utorrent

Welcome to the botnet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites