| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
RushXTC Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 19 Apr 2009 Posts: 77
|
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: dust in my CPU |
|
|
| Hyperion wrote: | its been 1 month since i have not cleaned the inside of my cpu,
when i clean it, it always have LOTS of dust and sometimes even spiders (2-3)
i use a brush made for cleaning cpu, but i cant reach the tight spaces in it
should i disassemble the parts like motherboard, ram, videocard, HDD, etc.?
after i clean, there are still many dust particles left, due to the unable-to-reach parts
btw, im planning to buy a cpu mini vaccum
what is the best way to clean the cpu 100%?
without even small amounts of dust left |
I didn't know you could fit spiders in this little thing :
On the serious side, You can remove RAM Gfx card the HDD and the PSU (All fans as well)
I wouldn't recommend removing the motherboard unless you're 100% sure of what you're doing. I have only removed my motherboard to clean it up ONCE in all 4 years I owned it. I recommend removing everything EXCEPT the motherboard and try to work around it.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Austin Powers Master Cheater
Reputation: -1
Joined: 13 Dec 2008 Posts: 447
|
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:22 am Post subject: |
|
|
How could spiders go in the case?
You left your cpu case open 24hrs?
mine only dust but no living things inside the cpu case
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kirito Master Cheater
Reputation: 4
Joined: 26 May 2009 Posts: 274
|
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:48 am Post subject: |
|
|
when i turn it off, the fans would stop spinning, making a very HUGE opening for spiders to get inside
also, there are plenty of holes at the back of my cpu case
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iTz SWAT I post too much
Reputation: 1
Joined: 20 Dec 2007 Posts: 2227 Location: Me.Location;
|
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:01 am Post subject: |
|
|
Spiders such as the Daddy Long Legs are extremely small and have long, thin legs. I personally think they can easily go through any holes. I have a small holes on the side of my case for ventilation that aren't filtered and a 120mm fan at the back of my case also unfiltered which spiders can easily fit through.
Luckily for me though, I don't have any spiders/mice/cockroaches etc in my home. Some people live in units and are filled with spiders and cockroaches and mice, they are the unfortunate ones.
Obvoisly spiders aren't going to live IN the CPU. Yes they could survive and inhabitate your PC Case...
What's a CPU Case?
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kirito Master Cheater
Reputation: 4
Joined: 26 May 2009 Posts: 274
|
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 am Post subject: |
|
|
lol, what i meant was PC case
i was just confused cause the shops here call it CPU case instead of PC case
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Saifallofjmr Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 4
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 Posts: 1450
|
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 am Post subject: |
|
|
Spider's in your case?
I have two large dead MOTHS in my POWER SUPPLY!
Don't ask me how they get threw a "o" like grate and a spinning fan....
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Austin Powers Master Cheater
Reputation: -1
Joined: 13 Dec 2008 Posts: 447
|
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 am Post subject: |
|
|
you need to clean your house atleast 1week 3times
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
hcavolsdsadgadsg I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 5801
|
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Saifallofjmr wrote: | Spider's in your case?
I have two large dead MOTHS in my POWER SUPPLY!
Don't ask me how they get threw a "o" like grate and a spinning fan.... |
I occasionally get little tiny spiders in my computer.
The TRUE is so amazingly enormous, I literally can not fit the side of my shitty case on... as such, sometimes creepies go in and try to make webs in the tornado like airflow but they never exactly accomplish much before they make an oopsie and perish to a fan or me.
I've cleaned / found a couple of these assholes in the last couple months.
A while ago I had a technician from my ISP out to try and fix shit + give me a new modem and one was sneaking around while he was on my computer setting shit up. Instead of sounding stupid and telling him to shut it down for a sec so I could kill a spider, I decided to reach my hand into it and annihilate it on my own. To this day I wonder if he noticed me awkwardly sticking my arm into my running computer then cringing.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Saifallofjmr Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 4
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 Posts: 1450
|
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 am Post subject: |
|
|
No I have bugs (2 moths) in my power supply, not in the regular old case but the inside of the powersupply....
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Polynomial Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 5
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 524 Location: Inside the Intel CET shadow stack
|
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 am Post subject: |
|
|
Vacuums cleaners have a motor inside which rotates to pull in the dust. Not only does this emit a rotating electromagnetic field (which will induce currents in your computer's sensitive electrical components) but the brushes/turbines inside the vacuum will rub against the plastic housing and generate static charge. If this charge is dissipated onto your motherboard or a peripheral card, it can kill the card instantly. It's hard to believe, but static charges actually get up to around 10kV (source), which is easily enough to kill a set of delicate transistors that are designed to carry 5V or less.
_________________
It's not fun unless every exploit mitigation is enabled.
Please do not reply to my posts with LLM-generated slop; I consider it to be an insult to my time. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
NINTENDO Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0
Joined: 02 Nov 2007 Posts: 1371
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Federal Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 28 Aug 2009 Posts: 46
|
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 am Post subject: |
|
|
Sometimes I clean the dust off my computer's case with a hair dryer while it's on cold air of course. It helps too.
_________________
Knowledge is my weapon. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Daniel. I post too much
Reputation: 72
Joined: 08 Nov 2007 Posts: 2938
|
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Saifallofjmr wrote: | | No I have bugs (2 moths) in my power supply, not in the regular old case but the inside of the powersupply.... |
how did moths get into ur system....lol i never clean mine
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kirito Master Cheater
Reputation: 4
Joined: 26 May 2009 Posts: 274
|
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Federal wrote: | | Sometimes I clean the dust off my computer's case with a hair dryer while it's on cold air of course. It helps too. |
does hair dryer emit static electricity that can harm the pc?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
erarkku Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 28 Mar 2008 Posts: 66
|
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Uhh using those air compressors with a air gun is good right? for cleaning out dust? on the heatsink etc etc??
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|