Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


dust in my CPU
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RushXTC
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: dust in my CPU Reply with quote

Hyperion wrote:
its been 1 month since i have not cleaned the inside of my cpu,
when i clean it, it always have LOTS of dust and sometimes even spiders (2-3)
i use a brush made for cleaning cpu, but i cant reach the tight spaces in it
should i disassemble the parts like motherboard, ram, videocard, HDD, etc.?
after i clean, there are still many dust particles left, due to the unable-to-reach parts
btw, im planning to buy a cpu mini vaccum
what is the best way to clean the cpu 100%?
without even small amounts of dust left


I didn't know you could fit spiders in this little thing :



On the serious side, You can remove RAM Gfx card the HDD and the PSU (All fans as well)

I wouldn't recommend removing the motherboard unless you're 100% sure of what you're doing. I have only removed my motherboard to clean it up ONCE in all 4 years I owned it. I recommend removing everything EXCEPT the motherboard and try to work around it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Austin Powers
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could spiders go in the case? Shocked
You left your cpu case open 24hrs?

mine only dust but no living things inside the cpu case Shocked

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kirito
Master Cheater
Reputation: 4

Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i turn it off, the fans would stop spinning, making a very HUGE opening for spiders to get inside

also, there are plenty of holes at the back of my cpu case
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iTz SWAT
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 2227
Location: Me.Location;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiders such as the Daddy Long Legs are extremely small and have long, thin legs. I personally think they can easily go through any holes. I have a small holes on the side of my case for ventilation that aren't filtered and a 120mm fan at the back of my case also unfiltered which spiders can easily fit through.
Luckily for me though, I don't have any spiders/mice/cockroaches etc in my home. Some people live in units and are filled with spiders and cockroaches and mice, they are the unfortunate ones.
Obvoisly spiders aren't going to live IN the CPU. Yes they could survive and inhabitate your PC Case...
What's a CPU Case?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kirito
Master Cheater
Reputation: 4

Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, what i meant was PC case
i was just confused cause the shops here call it CPU case instead of PC case
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saifallofjmr
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 4

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1450

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spider's in your case?

I have two large dead MOTHS in my POWER SUPPLY!

Don't ask me how they get threw a "o" like grate and a spinning fan....

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Austin Powers
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to clean your house atleast 1week 3times
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saifallofjmr wrote:
Spider's in your case?

I have two large dead MOTHS in my POWER SUPPLY!

Don't ask me how they get threw a "o" like grate and a spinning fan....


I occasionally get little tiny spiders in my computer.

The TRUE is so amazingly enormous, I literally can not fit the side of my shitty case on... as such, sometimes creepies go in and try to make webs in the tornado like airflow but they never exactly accomplish much before they make an oopsie and perish to a fan or me.

I've cleaned / found a couple of these assholes in the last couple months.


A while ago I had a technician from my ISP out to try and fix shit + give me a new modem and one was sneaking around while he was on my computer setting shit up. Instead of sounding stupid and telling him to shut it down for a sec so I could kill a spider, I decided to reach my hand into it and annihilate it on my own. To this day I wonder if he noticed me awkwardly sticking my arm into my running computer then cringing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saifallofjmr
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 4

Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1450

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I have bugs (2 moths) in my power supply, not in the regular old case but the inside of the powersupply....
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polynomial
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 5

Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 524
Location: Inside the Intel CET shadow stack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacuums cleaners have a motor inside which rotates to pull in the dust. Not only does this emit a rotating electromagnetic field (which will induce currents in your computer's sensitive electrical components) but the brushes/turbines inside the vacuum will rub against the plastic housing and generate static charge. If this charge is dissipated onto your motherboard or a peripheral card, it can kill the card instantly. It's hard to believe, but static charges actually get up to around 10kV (source), which is easily enough to kill a set of delicate transistors that are designed to carry 5V or less.
_________________
It's not fun unless every exploit mitigation is enabled.
Please do not reply to my posts with LLM-generated slop; I consider it to be an insult to my time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINTENDO
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 1371

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperion wrote:
when i turn it off, the fans would stop spinning, making a very HUGE opening for spiders to get inside

also, there are plenty of holes at the back of my cpu case

Lol! Do they like it in your comp Razz The enviroment shouldn't be comfortable with all this and that.

_________________
Intel over amd yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Federal
Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 28 Aug 2009
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I clean the dust off my computer's case with a hair dryer while it's on cold air of course. It helps too.
_________________
Knowledge is my weapon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daniel.
I post too much
Reputation: 72

Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 2938

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saifallofjmr wrote:
No I have bugs (2 moths) in my power supply, not in the regular old case but the inside of the powersupply....

how did moths get into ur system....lol i never clean mine

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kirito
Master Cheater
Reputation: 4

Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal wrote:
Sometimes I clean the dust off my computer's case with a hair dryer while it's on cold air of course. It helps too.


does hair dryer emit static electricity that can harm the pc?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erarkku
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 28 Mar 2008
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh using those air compressors with a air gun is good right? for cleaning out dust? on the heatsink etc etc??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites