Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Please, I need help with Java Dissect (CE 7.0)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kesson
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Dec 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Please, I need help with Java Dissect (CE 7.0) Reply with quote

I am trying to locate code in the JVM after it is compiled. I see that this is done somehow by CE when you press the <Dissect Java> menu item. The question is how can I get a list of compiled routines?


2019-12-10_0-15-04.jpg
 Description:
How can I locate this in memory?
 Filesize:  96.25 KB
 Viewed:  2298 Time(s)

2019-12-10_0-15-04.jpg


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kesson
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Dec 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

Looks like Java.lau has something to do with the dissecting.

Can Java.lau be run outside of Cheat Engine to produce the list of Java functions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
I post too much
Reputation: 98

Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 3428

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOB scan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kesson
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Dec 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to get to this point by using the AOB scan and I can sometimes relocate this area of code in the massive memory area inside of the JVM. I do a search for a long string of Bytes, kind of like a fingerprint into memory. I does work, most of the time.
The issue I have is the JVM JIT compiler that creates Native code from Byte code does not always use the same instruction sets. As strange as this may sound, the function <createTimer> may not always be the same Array of Bytes.

This is why I thought if I could just figure out a way to find the function in memory and a posable index/pointer to the function. This would be easier to search for and more reliable..
I only find the name <createTimer> in memory once. You can see it here in this picture. The first oval is what I thought might be a pointer to the function start address, but it does not match up. The JVM does not seem to locate things the same way Windows does.

Somehow the Java Dissect button in Cheat Engine found the right location. What I need is a way to do that in C#. Or, understand how to find the start address of the function given the <createTimer> name tag.

Again, thanks for the help!



2019-12-25_21-39-01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.62 KB
 Viewed:  2054 Time(s)

2019-12-25_21-39-01.jpg


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites