Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trump shocks Danes by cancelling state visit over Greenland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
t328163
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Trump shocks Danes by cancelling state visit over Greenland Reply with quote

i lol'd so fking hard...

Danes have expressed shock and disbelief over Donald Trump’s cancellation of a state visit to Denmark after its prime minister rebuffed his interest in purchasing Greenland.

The US president’s proposal at first elicited incredulity and humour from politicians in Denmark, a Nato ally, with the former premier Lars Løkke Rasmussen saying: “It must be an April Fool’s Day joke.”

But the mood turned to shock when Trump called off the 2-3 September visit after the Danish prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, called his idea of the US buying Greenland, an autonomous Danish territory, absurd.

“Total chaos with @realDonaldTrump and cancellation of state visit to Denjoe. It has gone from a big opportunity for strengthened dialogue between allies to a diplomatic crisis,” the former foreign minister Kristian Jensen, a member of the opposition Liberal party, said on Twitter.

“Everyone should know Greenland is not for sale,” Jensen said of the world’s largest island, which has considerable mineral wealth and a US military presence at the Thule airbase under a 1951 treaty.

Frederiksen, who had been due to hold talks with Trump in Copenhagen, was unavailable for comment as she was travelling after a visit to Greenland and Iceland this week.

She had said Greenland was “not for sale” and she hoped Trump’s proposal was “not meant seriously”.

“It is very, very shocking, when it is about a very close ally and a good friend,” Søren Espersen, the foreign affairs spokesman for the hard-right Danish People’s party, told the Danish news agency Ritzau.

He described Trump’s cancellation as an offence to Queen Margrethe, Denmark’s head of state, and said he did not expect another visit by the US president would happen.

Trump and his wife, Melania, were formally invited to Denmark by Queen Margrethe in July.

“It shows why we now more than ever should consider [fellow] European Union countries as our closest allies. The man is unpredictable,” said Morten Østergaard, leader of the Danish Social Liberal party. “Reality surpasses imagination.”

Trump, whose “America First” policies have resulted in strained relations with the EU over trade and other issues, said on Sunday that a US purchase of Greenland would be “a large real estate deal”, though not an immediate priority.

“Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday.

Greenland, which is gaining attention from world powers including China, Russia and the US because of its strategic location and mineral resources, is self-governing but depends on Denmark for economic support.

Aaja Chemnitz Larsen, a lawmaker from Greenland’s opposition Inuit Ataqatigiit party, said she was not surprised at the cancellation but it underlined the territory’s importance.

“The US is an interesting ally for Greenland, but we also wish for Greenland to remain in the union we have today,” she told Reuters.
greatsage
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been playing that remnant game. pretty fun. kinda like bloodborne or sekiro and a lil metro.

Steam: Talix
Discord: mdthr#7068
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Greenland so we can be poised to take Canada and establish the United States of North America
GhostMane
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackOtaku wrote:
We need Greenland so we can be poised to take Canada and establish the United States of North America

maybe in 25 years from now, when canada needs a army, we will merge with united states but still have separate borders cause guns over here isnt fly.

notice here how I can go anywhere in canada and not get shot
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostMane wrote:
HackOtaku wrote:

maybe in 25 years from now, when canada needs a army, we will merge with united states but still have separate borders cause guns over here isnt fly.

notice here how I can go anywhere in canada and not get shot

You'll be begging for guns once you've had enough government tyranny, and we will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: