 |
Cheat Engine The Official Site of Cheat Engine
|
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 am Post subject: |
|
|
| teeigeryuh wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.
I download all my files with confidence.
Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.
And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.
You people disgust me. |
Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.
Here is a current flash exploit:
| Quote: | From the advisory:
When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played. |
You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/ |
Doesn't really justify your whole list.
Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites? | sometimes you have to download risky files bro, getting nudes of specific people off sketchy website links isn't the safest thing to do, but it is if you just use a vm |
name these sketchy websites lul
who downloads nudes off sketchy websites? 4chan exists for a reason | 4chan is a sketchy website, tons of viruses on /rs/
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
teeigeryuh Master Cheater
Reputation: 25
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 Posts: 260 Location: The netherlands
|
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.
I download all my files with confidence.
Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.
And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.
You people disgust me. |
Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.
Here is a current flash exploit:
| Quote: | From the advisory:
When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played. |
You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/ |
Doesn't really justify your whole list.
Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites? | sometimes you have to download risky files bro, getting nudes of specific people off sketchy website links isn't the safest thing to do, but it is if you just use a vm |
name these sketchy websites lul
who downloads nudes off sketchy websites? 4chan exists for a reason | 4chan is a sketchy website, tons of viruses on /rs/ |
hahahaha no
there's no need for both a vm and sanboxie at the same time still
neither for httpseverywhurr
and i forgot what else was on the list
you guys are either paranoid or want teh juicy attnetionstinion
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am Post subject: |
|
|
| teeigeryuh wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | | potaters wrote: | | teeigeryuh wrote: | I don't see how anyone could need an anti virus.
I download all my files with confidence.
Never have I obtained a virus in the past 3 years, and since I was 13 I've obtained 2 exactly.
And one of them I knew was probably bundled onto mai file, but I want for it anyways because I was desperate.
You people disgust me. |
Because, as I have explained many other times on this forum, downloading a file and running with your consent is not the only way to receive a virus. Contrary to popular belief.
For example, a popular site you go to may have been compromised and some malicious java script injected into the header file. This JS now evaluates your browser and other information it can get from your headers and if it determines you are vulnerable it may silently run a Java exploit, or maybe a flash exploit. Infected.
Here is a current flash exploit:
| Quote: | From the advisory:
When a Shockwave movie attempts to use an Xtra, it will download and install it as necessary. If the Xtra is signed by Adobe or Macromedia, it will be installed automatically without any user interaction. Because the location from which Shockwave downloads the Xtra is stored in the Shockwave movie itself, this can allow an attacker to host old, vulnerable Xtras that can be installed and exploited automatically when a Shockwave movie is played. |
You can read more about it here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/12/shocking-delay-in-fixing-adobe-shockwave-bug/ |
Doesn't really justify your whole list.
Plus what are the chances of you getting "infected", do you browse shit sites? | sometimes you have to download risky files bro, getting nudes of specific people off sketchy website links isn't the safest thing to do, but it is if you just use a vm |
name these sketchy websites lul
who downloads nudes off sketchy websites? 4chan exists for a reason | 4chan is a sketchy website, tons of viruses on /rs/ |
hahahaha no
there's no need for both a vm and sanboxie at the same time still
neither for httpseverywhurr
and i forgot what else was on the list
you guys are either paranoid or want teh juicy attnetionstinion | well potaters uses sandboxie not me, yeah vm and sandboxie is unnecessary, https everywhere is built into most browsers, the addon I use just keeps my preferences for sites with it, firefox already uses https whenever its possible.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
|
|