| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
lol I have a fat ass cooling pad under my laptop.
Btw Brolock I shot this in raw 4 u.
Full sized png came out to 32 mb so had to resize and jpg.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
nice, but it reduces the purpose of having a laptop for mobility
also what the fuck I didnt know Ps CS6 came out |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
potaters Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 72
Joined: 13 Apr 2009 Posts: 969
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Brolock wrote: | nice, but it reduces the purpose of having a laptop for mobility
also what the fuck I didnt know Ps CS6 came out |
It's not like i need to take the cooling pad with me, I just hate when I play games the air that comes out is really hot, and that's that shit I don't like.
Also PS6 is pretty tight, Adobe Camera Raw (bundled with photoshop) is a life saver, you can correct so much shit.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
HEdwar2012 Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 1
Joined: 21 Nov 2012 Posts: 57 Location: Kentucky, USA
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Apotheoun wrote: | | Samuel³ wrote: | | Apotheoun wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | M. wrote: | | +Paulo wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | Treekodar wrote: | | I'm quite enjoying the faster boot time. Whether Windows 8 really is better when it comes to pentacore CPUs has yet to be seen but I don't doubt for a second that Microsoft will roll out updates quickly to optimize as much as possible. The zero-day improvements is a nice change as well. Even The tiles are pretty neat if you plan to use your computer as a mediacenter. | I don't care for faster boot times, I rarely turn my computer off. |
Who still turns off his PC? | I do because I don't waste electricity like a faget | oh no, an extra dollar to pay on the electricity bill! | My computer pulls at any point in time 400W+ from the wall. When turned off my house's electricity bill is $20 cheaper a month. |
Now multiply that by a year or even five n dat petty dorrar is a hefty grand | Multiply that by the 5 other computers in my house running 24/7 and it's a significant amount a year. |
Do you have the ARC reactor powering your computers? I know that multiple computers can cost a bit more than the typical one would if powered on/off in moderation....I guess it's almost the same concept as turning a light on in a room and leaving it on constantly. I've heard it costs more just to turn something back on and then off again versus leaving it running all the time. _________________
Mashup of customer questions:
I need computer ink for my printer cartlidges so my cup holder on my computer will work correctly. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
the the the Master Cheater
Reputation: 46
Joined: 15 Jun 2008 Posts: 429
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Adnihil wrote: | Wow, I turn off my pc (or at least put it in standby) and all the lights and TV every time I leave the room for more than 5 minutes. Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment. I know it hardly changes anything, but still, I feel bad when wasting stuff.
I worked at a hotel a while ago, and like half of the (empty) rooms I entered still had the lights and the TV on, because some people are just too lazy to push a fucking button before leaving. This pissed me off so much.
Anyways,
I'm running Windows 8 too, and besides the rocky start-off, I'm liking it. Just needs some getting used to. Only thing I don't like is that you can't quickly search in the start menu like you could in Windows 7. | I do this. I'm not using it, why should it be idling? I don't leave lights on, not because /of/ the environment, but I prefer natural light in almost all cases. Again, I don't need it, why should it be on? Even sleep mode is fast. Also I've never experienced any problems because of how many times I've power cycled, over the past 5 years.
If I ever had to experience one of these problems it would be so far into the future I wouldn't be using those parts anymore.
| Up2Admin wrote: | >Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment
you are the worst kind of person | You're fucking retarded |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
HEdwar2012 Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 1
Joined: 21 Nov 2012 Posts: 57 Location: Kentucky, USA
|
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I can see the realization of that. Usually when I'm building a system, I try to take into account whether it will be on consistently and go with a PSU that is either idle switching where it won't use as much power during idle times versus one that will run all the time. _________________
Mashup of customer questions:
I need computer ink for my printer cartlidges so my cup holder on my computer will work correctly. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 am Post subject: |
|
|
| asciicat wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | >Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment
you are the worst kind of person | You're fucking retarded | People that act like they care about the environment because they recycle and turn off their lights and shit kinda seem like stuck-up assholes to me. _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kurifodo I post too much
Reputation: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Posts: 2782
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Up2Admin wrote: | | asciicat wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | >Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment
you are the worst kind of person | You're fucking retarded | People that act like they care about the environment because they recycle and turn off their lights and shit kinda seem like stuck-up assholes to me. |
No their just fucking retarded anyone who believes in the whole global warming shit is too _________________
Anon |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
1929394839292057839194958 Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130
Joined: 22 Dec 2006 Posts: 1509
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| potaters wrote: | | Brolock wrote: | nice, but it reduces the purpose of having a laptop for mobility
also what the fuck I didnt know Ps CS6 came out |
It's not like i need to take the cooling pad with me, I just hate when I play games the air that comes out is really hot, and that's that shit I don't like.
Also PS6 is pretty tight, Adobe Camera Raw (bundled with photoshop) is a life saver, you can correct so much shit. |
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Maes Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 10
Joined: 09 Apr 2009 Posts: 50
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Samuel³ wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | | asciicat wrote: | | Up2Admin wrote: | >Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment
you are the worst kind of person | You're fucking retarded | People that act like they care about the environment because they recycle and turn off their lights and shit kinda seem like stuck-up assholes to me. |
No their just fucking retarded anyone who believes in the whole global warming shit is too |
Man, you best be kidding. _________________
Account reclaimed by former owner? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
clash of clans hacks Master Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 Posts: 368 Location: Remember when we all used to put funny lines here?
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Up2Admin wrote: | >Not because I'm trying to save money but because I care about the environment
you are the worst kind of person |
Hahah, don't worry, I'm not one of those hipsters who go around telling these things to people to show them how much better I am.
| Cryoma wrote: | Not using electricity to save the environment is like not eating beef to save cows.
The electricity's already been generated from fossil fuels, and the cow's already been slaughtered and prepared.
Just fucking eat it.
If you want to save the environment, go strap a bomb to yourself and run into the power plant. |
It's not like I think that I'm actively saving the world or anything, but I just feel bad when I leave a room and leave the lights on.
I don't think causing a nuclear disaster will do much good for the environment though. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kurifodo I post too much
Reputation: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Posts: 2782
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Did the man who takes credit for inventing the internet tell you that the earth was melting whilst flying around all day in his multiple private jets?
Or was it the underfunded and unimportant reject scientists. Sitting around at the polar ice caps needing a quick source of funding, report to you the extremely minor temperature increases (happens naturally anway tis the cycle of earth), and highly over exaggerate? _________________
Anon |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
clash of clans hacks Master Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 Posts: 368 Location: Remember when we all used to put funny lines here?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kurifodo I post too much
Reputation: 23
Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Posts: 2782
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Please continue sheep _________________
Anon |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Samuel³ wrote: |
Please continue sheep |
Says the sheep.
No but really, assuming that you're serious... I'll have to call you an idiot for not understanding that global warming or "climate changes" is as real as evolution. _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|