| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Deleted User 197371 Guest
|
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:05 pm Post subject: History Homework.. |
|
|
Had to write a letter to a family member in the year 1917 and explain what the war was like and living conditions of the trenches. Take a look:
| Code: | My Dearest Mother,
I thank the Lord for me and my brothers that have made it well yesterday. I pray for the brothers who I have lost in this wretched battle. I pray for you and our family .I write this letter to you when I am in the trenches. I have longed greatly to see you mother. This battle has been a great tragedy for me.
The fresh air that has once been here has been strangled by the unbearable stench of dead mangled bodies and poisonous gases. The lush, soft, green land, full of life has now turned into a dead, dry, haunted desert. The sky is dim and grey, caused by the smoke which is black as tar, and has added more depression in the once peaceful land. The bombarding crashes of explosives are deafening and can cause one to go insane after hearing these noises pounding endlessly into their head. Blood curdling howls from both sides, brothers and enemies, absorb slowly into the mind without thought which causes great fear for some of us. Shrapnel fills the area from exploded bombs. Endless amounts of bullets rain from the sky and guns are scattered everywhere. Every damn second, every damn move must be handled with caution and care, or you can lose your life instantly without even knowing.
Life in the trenches is terrible. Copious amounts of rats infest the trenches. The trenches are full of filth and uncleanliness. The nights are merciless from the frigid wind. We barley have time to collect the smallest amounts of sleep. Eats are the same every day with the meaty, solid, salty slabs of bully beef and hard, dried, tasteless biscuits. The water is tainted and many of our men have caught ill from the conditions of the trenches.
Mother, I tell you this place is damned by God. In here, which was a peaceful place, has now been swallowed by the unforgiving evil and sin from death. I pray every second in my mind that one day, I will reunite with you and live as a happy family, but for now I am trapped in this hell hole. I love you mother….
|
First attempt. Give feed back so I can edit it a bit more so I can have better marks.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
King Chezzmo Cheater
Reputation: 29
Joined: 10 Nov 2009 Posts: 43
|
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
how the HELL are you going to send a letter to the past?
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I remember doing that. Everyone just half-assed it... why are you taking it so seriously?
_________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Deleted User 197371 Guest
|
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:08 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Up2Admin wrote: | | I remember doing that. Everyone just half-assed it... why are you taking it so seriously? |
I fucked around in school to much before. This year I'm planning to take school seriously. Reasons are I'm working on getting a job. I have co - op next year. And I'm allowed to smoke and drink if I complete my work and have no complaints from school. Not a bad deal for me.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kavvman Master Cheater
Reputation: 2
Joined: 17 Apr 2004 Posts: 316
|
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
tl;dr sorry
_________________
... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 am Post subject: |
|
|
| too generic, write it from someone who loves war and enjoys it
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
HackOtaku I posted the 500000th topic
Reputation: 81
Joined: 31 May 2007 Posts: 228
|
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:00 am Post subject: |
|
|
| "Dear past relative, I'm suppose to write to you about a war and trench warfare, but there isn't time for that right now." then explain how he needs to have a child and raise him to be an assassin and kill hitler. Your teacher will be so impressed by your clever use of time writing to help the world that she'll have to give you an A.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
:^) Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 37
Joined: 30 Jun 2008 Posts: 1062
|
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am Post subject: |
|
|
NO TIME FOR LETTERS
FOR ALLAH
AHYIYIYIYIYI
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|