Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 pm Post subject: So what I did today
Our internet filtering is horrible at school. Nearly errthing's blocked. Recently though, administration decided to let a special filtered version of youtube work on our network that only allows educational videos to be search for and played. I noticed, however, that embedded youtube videos on other web sites suddenly worked, regardles of whether they were education videos or not.
So I threw together a little html page that accepts the google url(right click, copy shortcut) of a video search and updates the embedded player with the video code after trimming the url. Now anyone I give the web page to can watch nearly any youtube video.
If you have IE on the computers, why not just use a proxy?
Because teaching people how to use proxies in southern lousiana is like teaching a rock to cook you a five course meal. Also, you can't access the configuration menus on our computers, and web proxies are blocked.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum