Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Need Computer Build/Help

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NooksCranny
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 373
Location: Occupation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Need Computer Build/Help Reply with quote

Hey guys, so i'm in need of a new computer. Right now i'm running my games on an apple laptop and you know how that goes. Anyways i've never built a computer before, but i preferably want to build a cheap gaming computer. I'm not looking for the best gaming computer out there, just a cheap one that can run most games fine. So could you please help will a build on newegg.com? Even if its $500+ post it anyways. Thanks for the help!


EDIT: Btw will this work for what i'm looking for?

kls85 wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154095
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148469
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231207
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131650
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116076



Grand total $413.60
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Domoo
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that price you are better getting a Quad Core for an extra 20 dollars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NooksCranny
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 373
Location: Occupation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about graphics card? is that decent (running sc2 at good settings)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kls85
I post too much
Reputation: 22

Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2757
Location: Under ur bed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest quad you can get is from AMD, then you will have to change your mobo and ram.

mobo cost at least $80 bucks and ram for DDR3 is around $100

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Domoo
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NooksCranny wrote:
What about graphics card? is that decent (running sc2 at good settings)?


I can run TF2, League of legends and borderlands at max so I think you should be good. And I'm using a 4650 which is worse then the 5670.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NooksCranny
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 373
Location: Occupation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I think i'll stick with the dual as it is cheaper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 30

Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 1267

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
The cheapest quad you can get is from AMD, then you will have to change your mobo and ram.

mobo cost at least $80 bucks and ram for DDR3 is around $100
What?
He doesn't have to switch to DDR3, he can stick win DDR2 just fine. And I'm sure there's a fine mobo he can get that's near the same price too.

this processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103706 - Athlon II x4 620
this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394 - there's probably an even cheaper one, this showed up first though, plus it's DDR2, so he can keep the same RAM

_________________
[AM]Misery wrote:

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
NooksCranny
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 373
Location: Occupation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
kls85 wrote:
The cheapest quad you can get is from AMD, then you will have to change your mobo and ram.

mobo cost at least $80 bucks and ram for DDR3 is around $100
What?
He doesn't have to switch to DDR3, he can stick win DDR2 just fine. And I'm sure there's a fine mobo he can get that's near the same price too.

this processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103706 - Athlon II x4 620
this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394 - there's probably an even cheaper one, this showed up first though, plus it's DDR2, so he can keep the same RAM

I'm guessing if i just replaced those 2 items, my build will work fine? sorry i'm new to computers. And thanks for the help +rep!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 30

Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 1267

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NooksCranny wrote:
elpacco wrote:
kls85 wrote:
The cheapest quad you can get is from AMD, then you will have to change your mobo and ram.

mobo cost at least $80 bucks and ram for DDR3 is around $100
What?
He doesn't have to switch to DDR3, he can stick win DDR2 just fine. And I'm sure there's a fine mobo he can get that's near the same price too.

this processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103706 - Athlon II x4 620
this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394 - there's probably an even cheaper one, this showed up first though, plus it's DDR2, so he can keep the same RAM

I'm guessing if i just replaced those 2 items, my build will work fine? sorry i'm new to computers. And thanks for the help +rep!
Yes it'll work perfectly fine. And an Athlon II x4 620 is a BIG upgrade from a Pentium D.

You'll be glad you did it.

_________________
[AM]Misery wrote:

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Domoo
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
NooksCranny wrote:
elpacco wrote:
kls85 wrote:
The cheapest quad you can get is from AMD, then you will have to change your mobo and ram.

mobo cost at least $80 bucks and ram for DDR3 is around $100
What?
He doesn't have to switch to DDR3, he can stick win DDR2 just fine. And I'm sure there's a fine mobo he can get that's near the same price too.

this processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103706 - Athlon II x4 620
this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394 - there's probably an even cheaper one, this showed up first though, plus it's DDR2, so he can keep the same RAM

I'm guessing if i just replaced those 2 items, my build will work fine? sorry i'm new to computers. And thanks for the help +rep!
Yes it'll work perfectly fine. And an Athlon II x4 620 is a BIG upgrade from a Pentium D.

You'll be glad you did it.


Thanks for proving my point. :]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superweapons
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 1355
Location: The Internet. Where else?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMD Athlon II X4 + Asus M4A79XTD EVO

Newegg just is having (or had, by the time you read this) a ShellShocker deal: 4GB of OCZ FLEX II DDR3-1600 RAM for $67 after rebate. You can generally find quality performance DDR3 kits bouncing around $80-$85 after rebate. Even Dominator sticks with fancy heatspreaders are only $90 right now.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites