Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


TF2 Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyte
Peanuts!!!!
Reputation: 6

Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Posts: 1887
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viral wrote:
What? Also lolhorse.

But I'm just saying, buying another game just to get ingame items that everyone will have anyway (making them pointless and hated) is a ridiculous idea. Unless ofcourse you were planning to buy it anyway / might actually enjoy it.


Unrelated, but I was reading your signature and I swear I knew it from somewhere - it was bugging me. I just remembered that it was from an old 64k I saw like 2 years ago. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1929394839292057839194958
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 130

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1509

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Flyte:
I see your point now, which is why I don't think it should have crits, but should stay as it was. Also I disagree with the equalizing health thing because it takes too long for the solly to then take out his other weapon in time before the other person has killed him. Nice idea though.

Brolock~ wrote:
konr wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
konr wrote:
Alright, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that there are faults in what you're saying.
The soldier isn't OP, and wasn't OP before the nerf. I understand exactly what you're saying about the soldier being damaged on the way in, then killing the person, but unless the soldier has already gotten very close, the player would be able to run away, shooting the soldier and knocking him back (like I said, because unless he's a heavy (not a 1 hit kill anyway and he's screwed if the heavy starts damaging him before he gets to him), an engie (not a direct combat class, therefore shouldn't be balanced with him anyway) or a few others, you could easily knock him back/kill him quick enough before he gets to you.)) then you should easily be able to win in this situation. The only exception is if he's already got very close, in which case if knocking him back won't work, then he deserves the kill in the first place and you shouldn't have let him get that close. Also he probably won't even be very damaged in that case.
Soldier A has high health and approaches <class> B with equalizer, <class> B damages Solder A on the way in, Soldier A is knocked back/killed in almost every instance of this situation.
Also, please don't patronise me and treat me as if I'm an idiot, because I'm not. I didn't pull one of those 'no true scotsman' things you mentioned, because I evaluated every possible situation, not just a new one that makes me right.


Did you evaluate this situation:

The equalizer is an upgrade.
An upgrade to the piece of shit that is the shovel, yes.


Okay;

Thanks for proving my point that the equalizer, unlike every single other unlockable item, is a pure upgrade and has no downsides.

This is the main problem with equalizer and you're just fucking ignoring it.
Yeah it's definitely a problem that you can unlock something that is better than something no one ever uses because it sucks so bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trucido
Moderator
Reputation: 6

Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 2792

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viral wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Viral wrote:
Trucido wrote:
Hmm, might buy the game for the items.
Sam and Max is funny, albeit annoying to play.

If you're not going to play it that's fucking stupid.
Neutral


What else do you want him to do, buy a World of Warcraft mount for 25 USD?

What? Also lolhorse.

But I'm just saying, buying another game just to get ingame items that everyone will have anyway (making them pointless and hated) is a ridiculous idea. Unless ofcourse you were planning to buy it anyway / might actually enjoy it.

I assumed that this game was in a similiar price range to the rest of the Sam and Max games <$10, but fuck buying it for $40.

_________________
I'm out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheat Engine User
Something epic
Ban
Reputation: 61

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck game advertisments in other games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
br0l0ck
Cheater
Reputation: 63

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viral wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Viral wrote:
Trucido wrote:
Hmm, might buy the game for the items.
Sam and Max is funny, albeit annoying to play.

If you're not going to play it that's fucking stupid.
Neutral


What else do you want him to do, buy a World of Warcraft mount for 25 USD?

What? Also lolhorse.

But I'm just saying, buying another game just to get ingame items that everyone will have anyway (making them pointless and hated) is a ridiculous idea. Unless ofcourse you were planning to buy it anyway / might actually enjoy it.
AVATAR AND SIG RELATED
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve03416634
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 846

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
@Flyte:
I see your point now, which is why I don't think it should have crits, but should stay as it was. Also I disagree with the equalizing health thing because it takes too long for the solly to then take out his other weapon in time before the other person has killed him. Nice idea though.

Brolock~ wrote:
konr wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
konr wrote:
Alright, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that there are faults in what you're saying.
The soldier isn't OP, and wasn't OP before the nerf. I understand exactly what you're saying about the soldier being damaged on the way in, then killing the person, but unless the soldier has already gotten very close, the player would be able to run away, shooting the soldier and knocking him back (like I said, because unless he's a heavy (not a 1 hit kill anyway and he's screwed if the heavy starts damaging him before he gets to him), an engie (not a direct combat class, therefore shouldn't be balanced with him anyway) or a few others, you could easily knock him back/kill him quick enough before he gets to you.)) then you should easily be able to win in this situation. The only exception is if he's already got very close, in which case if knocking him back won't work, then he deserves the kill in the first place and you shouldn't have let him get that close. Also he probably won't even be very damaged in that case.
Soldier A has high health and approaches <class> B with equalizer, <class> B damages Solder A on the way in, Soldier A is knocked back/killed in almost every instance of this situation.
Also, please don't patronise me and treat me as if I'm an idiot, because I'm not. I didn't pull one of those 'no true scotsman' things you mentioned, because I evaluated every possible situation, not just a new one that makes me right.


Did you evaluate this situation:

The equalizer is an upgrade.
An upgrade to the piece of shit that is the shovel, yes.


Okay;

Thanks for proving my point that the equalizer, unlike every single other unlockable item, is a pure upgrade and has no downsides.

This is the main problem with equalizer and you're just fucking ignoring it.
Yeah it's definitely a problem that you can unlock something that is better than something no one ever uses because it sucks so bad.

Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheat Engine User
Something epic
Ban
Reputation: 61

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.

Pretty sure every upside has a downside.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve03416634
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 846

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.

Pretty sure every upside has a downside.


Then give me one reason why someone wouldn't use the equalizer; besides not having unlocked it yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheat Engine User
Something epic
Ban
Reputation: 61

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock~ wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.Pretty sure every upside has a downside.
Then give me one reason why someone wouldn't use the equalizer; besides not having unlocked it yet.
You have to be very close to death when you use the equaliser and the speed increases exponentially when running. You have to get in close and some classes are particularly good at picking something at close range. But the equalizer's downside is rather small in comparisment with the upsides of it, I was aiming at the fact that you said every unlockable has no downsides. Pretty sure half of the unlockable weapons are useless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hitman
Master Cheater
Ban
Reputation: 9

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 385
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.Pretty sure every upside has a downside.
Then give me one reason why someone wouldn't use the equalizer; besides not having unlocked it yet.
You have to be very close to death when you use the equaliser and the speed increases exponentially when running. You have to get in close and some classes are particularly good at picking something at close range. But the equalizer's downside is rather small in comparisment with the upsides of it, I was aiming at the fact that you said every unlockable has no downsides. Pretty sure half of the unlockable weapons are useless.
I read it as tho every unlockable has a downside, other then the equalizer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bisa
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 16

Joined: 14 Aug 2007
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.Pretty sure every upside has a downside.
Then give me one reason why someone wouldn't use the equalizer; besides not having unlocked it yet.
You have to be very close to death when you use the equaliser and the speed increases exponentially when running. You have to get in close and some classes are particularly good at picking something at close range. But the equalizer's downside is rather small in comparisment with the upsides of it, I was aiming at the fact that you said every unlockable has no downsides. Pretty sure half of the unlockable weapons are useless.
I read it as tho every unlockable has a downside, other then the equalizer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve03416634
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 846

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.Pretty sure every upside has a downside.
Then give me one reason why someone wouldn't use the equalizer; besides not having unlocked it yet.
You have to be very close to death when you use the equaliser and the speed increases exponentially when running. You have to get in close and some classes are particularly good at picking something at close range. But the equalizer's downside is rather small in comparisment with the upsides of it, I was aiming at the fact that you said every unlockable has no downsides. Pretty sure half of the unlockable weapons are useless.


Hitman wrote:
I read it as tho every unlockable has a downside, other then the equalizer.


and:

Those aren't really downsides when you compare it to the normal shovel.


And yes; about half of the unlockables are pretty useless, though most of those are great in certain situations. (Using BONK! to pass a sentry in a ctf map, or using kritzkrieg on a soldier for example.)



But the equalizer is just better than the shovel in every situation in the game with the exception of... uhh...

MELEEING IN ZOMBIE FORTRESS WHILE BEING HEALED. And that's about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheat Engine User
Something epic
Ban
Reputation: 61

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock~ wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Holland wrote:
Brolock~ wrote:
Or; the "something" is just overpowered, BECAUSE IT HAS NO DOWNSIDES LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER UNLOCKABLE IN THE GAME.
Your argument is rated shit by the official commission of argument rating.Pretty sure every upside has a downside.
Then give me one reason why someone wouldn't use the equalizer; besides not having unlocked it yet.
You have to be very close to death when you use the equaliser and the speed increases exponentially when running. You have to get in close and some classes are particularly good at picking something at close range. But the equalizer's downside is rather small in comparisment with the upsides of it, I was aiming at the fact that you said every unlockable has no downsides. Pretty sure half of the unlockable weapons are useless.


Hitman wrote:
I read it as tho every unlockable has a downside, other then the equalizer.


and:

Those aren't really downsides when you compare it to the normal shovel.


And yes; about half of the unlockables are pretty useless, though most of those are great in certain situations. (Using BONK! to pass a sentry in a ctf map, or using kritzkrieg on a soldier for example.)



But the equalizer is just better than the shovel in every situation in the game with the exception of... uhh...

MELEEING IN ZOMBIE FORTRESS WHILE BEING HEALED. And that's about it.
The equalizer does lower damage when your health is full. But the equalizer is generally (since you're not always fully healed) better than the normal shovel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve03416634
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 846

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holland wrote:
The equalizer does lower damage when your health is full. But the equalizer is generally (since you're not always fully healed) better than the normal shovel.


When you consider the people that use it to run away and heal; I'd say it's more than "generally better".


I wish it would be nerfed to the extent that the damage bonus isn't that oneshot-ish at low health, so it can't be used as an attempt to ohko when you're running out of health.


oh; and it would be nice if it didn't give this godlike speed it does now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rick.
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 6

Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 657
Location: In the netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about updates, I'd wish the engy update would come already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites