Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


What language did you start programming at?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 475

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 26014
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msxbasic
then moved on to z80 programming using hexadecimal input

_________________
Tools give you results. Knowledge gives you control.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Caelestis
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Diamonds wrote:
So I've decided to take up Autoit, because I'm really, really interested on learning this kind of stuff..

Do you guys think it's easier to learn through tutorials, or the help file?

Also, if I were to learn from the help file.. does anyone have any programs you think I could attempt to make?

Every time I open scite I just sit there with the help file, with no ideas on what to make..


I think you should try python instead. AutoIT is only for macros, you can't really do much besides automation. Python is easy and well documented, you shouldn't have much trouble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LaBe1
Master Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 380

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out with VB in high school, where i failed the class two semesters in a row. So, i waited around, and dabbled in it for a couple years. When i started college i took a C++ class, having gained a lot of experience with VB by just playing with it. I got the highest class in my C++ class. I have several Programs from the book and several i've made myself.

Here are a few ideas for C++ programs to make:

Simple Calculator (not in the book)
Code:

//Author: Brice Bowman
//Simple Calculator
//Date 9/18/09

#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
   system("color e0");
   char c1, c2, cend;
   double num1 = 0.0, num2 = 0.0, num3 = 0.0, num4 = 0.0;
   int setnum = 0;
   bool complete = false;
   while (complete != true)
   {
          cout << "How many numbers will you be figuring? ";
          cin >> setnum;
          if(setnum <= 2)
        {
           cout << "\nEnter a math problem: ";
           cin >>  num1 >> c1 >> num2;
           if(c1 == '+')
              num3 = num1 + num2;
           if(c1 == '-')
              num3 = num1 - num2;
           if(c1 == '*')
              num3 = num1 * num2;
           if(c1 == '/')
              num3 = num1 / num2;
           cout << "\nAnswer: " << num3 << "\n\n";
           num1 = 0.0;//''
           num2 = 0.0;//''
           num3 = 0.0;//''
           num4 = 0.0;//Resets all values
           cout << "Enter another problem? (y/n): ";
           cin >> cend;
           switch(cend)
           {
            case '!y': case '!Y': case '!n': case '!N':
               cout << "\n";
               break;
            case 'y': case 'Y':
               cout << "\n";
               break;
            case 'n': case 'N':
               complete = true;
               break;
           }
        }//End 'if' (setnum = 2) cin block
        else
        {
           cout << "\nEnter a math problem: ";
              cin >>  num1 >> c1 >> num2 >> c2 >> num3;
           {
              if(c1 == '+')
           {
              if(c2 == '+')
                 num4 = num1 + num2 + num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '+')
           {
              if(c2 == '-')
                 num4 = num1 + num2 - num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '+')
           {
              if(c2 == '*')
                 num4 = num1 + num2 * num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '+')
           {
              if(c2 == '/')
                 num4 = num1 + num2 / num3;
           }
           //End Addition block
           if(c1 == '-')
           {
              if(c2 == '+')
                 num4 = num1 - num2 + num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '-')
           {
              if(c2 == '-')
                 num4 = num1 - num2 - num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '-')
           {
              if(c2 == '*')
                 num4 = num1 - num2 * num3;
           } 
           if(c1 == '-')
           {
              if(c2 == '/')
                 num4 = num1 - num2 / num3;
           }
           //End Subtraction block
           if(c1 == '*')
           {          
              if(c2 == '+')
                 num4 = num1 * num2 + num3;
           }          
           if(c1 == '*')
           {          
              if(c2 == '-')
                 num4 = num1 * num2 - num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '*')
           {          
              if(c2 == '*')
                 num4 = num1 * num2 * num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '*')
           {          
              if(c2 == '/')
                 num4 = num1 * num2 / num3;
           }
           //End Multiplication block
           if(c1 == '/')
           {
              if(c2 == '+')
                 num4 = num1 / num2 + num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '/')
           {
              if(c2 == '-')
                 num4 = num1 / num2 - num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '/')
           {
              if(c2 == '*')
                 num4 = num1 / num2 * num3;
           }
           if(c1 == '/')
           {
              if(c2 == '/')
                 num4 = num1 / num2 / num3;
           }
           //End Division block
           cout << "\nAnswer: " << num4 << "\n\n";
           num1 = 0.0;//''
           num2 = 0.0;//''
           num3 = 0.0;//''
           num4 = 0.0;//Resets all values
           cout << "Enter another problem? (y/n): ";
           cin >> cend;
           switch(cend)
           {
            case '!y': case '!Y': case '!n': case '!N':
               cout << "\n";
               break;
            case 'y': case 'Y':
               cout << "\n";
               break;
            case 'n': case 'N':
               complete = true;
               break;
           }

        }

        }//End 'if' (setnum = 3) cin block
   }//End while block

   return 0;   
}


There are many others, mostly built around simple math problems.

Heres an Optimum Bill change creator by giving it a number and it gives you maximum types of bills:

Code:

/*
Author: Brice Bowman
Date: 12/02/09
Prog 6.3.4
*/

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;

void change(int);

int main()
{
   int newval = 0;
   while(newval<=0)
   {
      cout << "Enter a positive value: $";
      cin >> newval;
   }

   change(newval);

   system("pause");

   return 0;
}
void change(int x)
{
   int hundreds = 0, fifties = 0, twenties = 0, tens = 0, fives = 0, ones = 0;

   while(x!=0)
   {   
      x-=100;
      if (x >0)
         hundreds++;
      else
      {
         x+=100;
         break;
      }
   }
   while(x!=0)
   {
      x-=50;
      if (x >0)
         fifties++;
      else
      {
         x+=50;
         break;
      }
   }
   while(x!=0)
   {
      x-=20;
      if (x >0)
         twenties++;
      else
      {
         x+=20;
         break;
      }
   }
   while(x!=0)
   {
      x-=10;
      if (x >0)
         tens++;
      else
      {
         x+=10;
         break;
      }
   }
   while(x!=0)
   {
      x-=5;
      if (x >0)
         fives++;
      else
      {
         x+=5;
         break;
      }
   }
   while(x!=0)
   {
      x-=1;
      if (x >=0)
         ones++;
   }
   cout << "\nHundreds :" << hundreds
      << "\nFifties  :" << fifties
      << "\nTwenties :" << twenties
      << "\nTens     :" << tens
      << "\nFives    :" << fives
      << "\nOnes     :" << ones << endl;

   return;

}

_________________

R.I.P. : UberHaxorz, ClericFoSho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Stylo
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 3

Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 1073
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started with pascal
moved to C#
and now most of the time C++ / Assembly and a bit of C#
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheat Engine User
Something epic
Ban
Reputation: 61

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with Visual Basic. I used VB6. I believe I was 13 or 14 years old. I don't use VB anymore though, except for quick shit with a GUI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trow
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Holland"]I started with Visual Basic. I used VB6. I believe I was 13 or 14 years old. I don't use VB anymore though, except for quick shit with a GUI[/quote]

I'll be your friend (we appear to be a 100% match)

other than that, it is
VB6 -> python
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caelestis
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why everyone on these forums starts with VB. To me its more complicated than asm because it looks so ugly and operates so stupidly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iTz SWAT
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 2227
Location: Me.Location;

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visual Basic .NET
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenico
Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with Delphi cuz of a subject in school, now still programming some delphi stuff, but concentrating on C/C++ and some ASM (sometimes needed).
But my first programming began with QBasic in DOS on a Win95 PC Wink

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LolSalad
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 988
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal. I find C much more pleasant now, but I feel that I made no mistake beginning with Pascal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ArabProphet
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C#, thats all they taught in my grade 11 and grade 12 school years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
selethd
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: started Reply with quote

I started in applesoft basic, back in '85. But from there I went straight into Turbo C++ in like '90 or something.

Its not so much what language you want to start it, its just how bad do you want to learn this stuff.

If you want it bad enough, you cant be so concerned watching videos, and reading books, you gotta get your hands dirty and get in the code.

Programmed several hours a day when I started TC++ and 90% of that time was finding out why my code wouldnt run or wouldnt do what it was supposed to. That was before the internet, and all I could do was go to the library or local book store, and try to browse through C++ books and hope I find my solution.

I suggest you make Google your best friend, and MSDN. And just code like crazy. If you want an easier language to start in, I suggest a managed language so you dont get lost in managing pointers. I have recently been playing with C# and it seems easy enough, been teaching a friend how to program , and started him in C# Express 2008.

Hope this helps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ups2000ups
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2471

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did start with delphi (pascal) which i still use

i did use c++ at school but i didnt like the structure of it

_________________
dont complain about my english...
1*1 = 2?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with Pascal coding with Turbo Pascal
my dad taught me when I was little I completely forgot most of it.
then I coded a little with ActionScript, after that I started a little more serious coding with VB, after that I tried C ++ and lately C# because XNA is just lovely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Zurkei
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 1132
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabbled a bit in VB, but have since then moved on to C++.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites