Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Will this work?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a sec, can't you install Vista+later without install media?
(That is, if you have a Windows operating system installed.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iTz SWAT
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 2227
Location: Me.Location;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will.
Most variations of Windows USB Installations require a format.
But this is what you can do.
Follow the normal http://www.askvg.com/a-bootable-usb-utility-to-create-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-windows-vista-server-2008-and-7/ tutorial.
But before you format, copy all the files in the USB, and paste it into a folder in your desktop called "USB Backup". Continue with the tutorial and before you reinstall Windows using your USB, copy back the "USB Backup" folder into your USB. As long as it doesn't delete/modify/replace and previous files, you can place files on your USB, but be sure to put it all in 1 folder, don't put any in the root folder of USB or into any Windows folders.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zarr
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 915
Location: localhost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MBCDanny™ wrote:
iTz SWAT wrote:
http://www.askvg.com/a-bootable-usb-utility-to-create-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-windows-vista-server-2008-and-7/


will this still format my flash drive?
if I use this software?


Can't you back up the files on the flash drive? Creating a bootable flash drive will require a reformat.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
iTz SWAT
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 2227
Location: Me.Location;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarr wrote:
MBCDanny™ wrote:
iTz SWAT wrote:
http://www.askvg.com/a-bootable-usb-utility-to-create-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-windows-vista-server-2008-and-7/


will this still format my flash drive?
if I use this software?


Can't you back up the files on the flash drive? Creating a bootable flash drive will require a reformat.

That is what I said...
Basically I said backup USB in folder.
Use tool to format the USB and put Windows on it.
Then recopy the backup onto the USB again without replacing/removing any files...

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angerist
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 1011
Location: Australia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your bios mate. If you can set your boot priority to USB then yeah you sure can. People who use netbook's use this method. It's also much faster then with a disk. Wink. Good luck

READ:
http://cid-2095eac3772c41db.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2095EAC3772C41DB!2722.entry

For some reason this link needs to be copied into search bar

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zarr
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 915
Location: localhost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iTz SWAT wrote:
Zarr wrote:
MBCDanny™ wrote:
iTz SWAT wrote:
http://www.askvg.com/a-bootable-usb-utility-to-create-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-windows-vista-server-2008-and-7/


will this still format my flash drive?
if I use this software?


Can't you back up the files on the flash drive? Creating a bootable flash drive will require a reformat.

That is what I said...
Basically I said backup USB in folder.
Use tool to format the USB and put Windows on it.
Then recopy the backup onto the USB again without replacing/removing any files...

I suppose I hadn't read the entire thread when I posted that, then.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites