Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 6220 Location: /dev/null
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 am Post subject:
Does it even go so slow if the router is right next to the machines? If so, it must be a software problem. Have you checked whether you can install 3rd party firmware on the router to see if that helps?
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Posts: 524 Location: Inside the Intel CET shadow stack
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:57 am Post subject:
Unfortunately I can't move the machines on wireless downstairs towards the router.
I have tried two separate routers though - the usual one is a Buffalo and the other is a Netgear.
I'm gonna take my router to work with me along with my wireless dongle and see what speeds I can get between two PCs. If it's fast, then it's something in our house that's causing a problem. _________________
It's not fun unless every exploit mitigation is enabled.
Please do not reply to my posts with LLM-generated slop; I consider it to be an insult to my time.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours Goto page Previous1, 2
Page 2 of 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum