Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


[Question] Sound Card general

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tylermoore
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 187
Location: ottawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: [Question] Sound Card general Reply with quote

I bought a new product just last week
Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio

The product is really great but it has just came to me just a second ago and it's sort of been bugging me. Does a sound card act as a video card as in do they get warm like video cards do like in the 50C area? I know it might be a noob question but I just bought it and I take care of all my purchases. If there's some things I may need to worry about could I be informed?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Karakawe
I post too much
Reputation: 3

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 3899

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think sound cards get stressed enough to heat up very much. At any rate, it's quite unlikely you'll encounter a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iTz SWAT
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 2227
Location: Me.Location;

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they don't heat up much....
Video Card is more advanced and uses much more technology and power...
Sound Card is good but not as powerful as video card and doesn't heat up....

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylermoore
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 187
Location: ottawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, OK because I was wondering why no heatsink on the SPU Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most games just do sound in software these days, since sound is so cheap to render.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites