Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


C++ or C#?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Symbol
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 0

Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 5094
Location: Israel.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say I like C++ because it's good for game hacking, you can hack games with any language... I like it because it's strong and fast, I could code something in C#, I just don't like .NET.

Programming isn't only about hacking, unlike most of the people here think, you gotta know how to solve programming problems and devise efficient algorithms and not doing stuff the easiest way you can find.
In my opinion it doesn't matter in what language you write your algorithms, as long they're efficient and working, but as for programming tools and stuff, definetly C++, if you like C# better it's fine, I'm just saying C++ is way better, faster and can do much more than .NET.

By the way, if you want to solve some programming problems, http://ProjectEuler.net has some nice problems, you must devise efficient algorithms in order to solve these, or else it might take hours if not days to solve. use math to improve your algorithms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CRISISxCupid
I post too much
Reputation: 1

Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 2256

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question.

Do I learn Visual C++ or just C++?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5801

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visual is just referring to the IDE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HomerSexual
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 5

Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 1657

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
Visual is just referring to the IDE


no Visual C++ is not C++. Visual C++ is managed c++. I use the Visual C++ IDE but win32 C++ code/libraries.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloppy
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNcorrection wrote:
Another question.

Do I learn Visual C++ or just C++?

If you have decided on using C++, start with the Win32->Win32 Project template, avoid using CLR->Windows Forms Application (Managed C++), if you want a drag n drop interface use ResEdit, try an MFC project or switch to C#.


blankrider wrote:
slovach wrote:
Visual is just referring to the IDE


no Visual C++ is not C++. Visual C++ is managed c++. I use the Visual C++ IDE but win32 C++ code/libraries.

Visual C++ is not a language, it's an IDE and may refer to using native or managed code. It is very common for newbies to confuse the language they are programming in with the IDE they are using.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blackmorpheus
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 159

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankrider wrote:
slovach wrote:
Visual is just referring to the IDE


no Visual C++ is not C++. Visual C++ is managed c++. I use the Visual C++ IDE but win32 C++ code/libraries.


WTF... dude...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heartless
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 2436

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose C++ because I wanted to continue onto making games.
_________________
What dosen't kill you, usually does the second time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HomerSexual
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 5

Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 1657

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankrider wrote:
slovach wrote:
Visual is just referring to the IDE


no Visual C++ is not C++. Visual C++ is managed c++. I use the Visual C++ IDE but win32 C++ code/libraries.

Visual C++ is not a language, it's an IDE and may refer to using native or managed code. It is very common for newbies to confuse the language they are programming in with the IDE they are using.[/quote]

It is misleading then that microsoft's books on Visual C++ 6.0 refer to only CLI code. I refer to c++.net as visual C++ because thats the aura that microsoft put on it in books and on the website.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites