Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem finding a value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Person
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Problem finding a value Reply with quote

I'm playing a game where I would like to increase my maximum mana. I've tried searching for the value, which produces some results, but the second search for the different value produces no results. I know that the maximum mana is calculated using skill numbers that I've managed to find the address of (changing the skill numbers causes the game to log me out so that's not an option). I've managed to change my maximum health, but that was only because I found the actual value for the health, although it is server side so only my client can see it. I am 100% sure that mana is client side though, and I think they might have tried to hide it. Could someone suggest some ways to find it?
CagedSparrow
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link please? You could also try doing an unknown initial value search, casting a spell, pressing decreased value, casting a spell, pressing decreased value, etc.
Person
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i solved the problem of finding the mana. It was a float (with a LOT of decimals). The only problem is that freezing it doesn't seem to make any difference, other than it visually looking like i have full mana. Same goes for the first pointer.
Actual mana is 388.8272094
Value of the pointer: 1136814562
I can tell that they are connected because they change at the sametime. I've tried finding the pointer for the pointer, but it can't find anything that is writing to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: