Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacking HEROES OF THE PACIFIC AND BLAZING ANGELS!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VisMajorX
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Hacking HEROES OF THE PACIFIC AND BLAZING ANGELS! Reply with quote

I am SO lost as to what to do here.

I've been doing simple value hacks for years now, unlimited ammo, health.. money, whatever.. but lately.. just simply knowing how many missiles you have left just doesn't cut it.

So I've been using Cheat Engine instead of (other products that won't be named here) ... but I'm confused. I've tried the tutorials.. great.. but in practice I can't get it to work out the same way.

I'm TRYING TO HACK SECONDARY WEAPONS in HotP and BA (heros of the pacfic and blazing angels) .. WHICH BOTH have a very similar way of handling that special weapon. For the most part, all I can do is get the graphic on screen to display that I have ammo left, while I don't actually have ammo left (kinda like when you try to hack online games - which I'm not doing btw - this is just for me so I can rain down hell on the Axis).

ANYWAYS... please explain a few things to me please?

BREAKPOINTS = Are these suppose to "activate" in some way WHILE I'm playing? When I have a breakpoint active.. shouldn't it like "alert" me when the breakpoint is processed or something?

DEBUG = Is there a way to WATCH what code is activated while I punch a buttons.. that way I'd know what code is being run when I launch my secondary weapons?

The Attachment = How come when I edit the values in here, nothing seems to change in game? Am I doing something wrong here? (I'm sure I am)

Maybe one of you who has this game could take me through a STEP BY STEP on how to do THIS type of hack, PLEASE!!! I'm begging ya! Wink

I spent like 5 hours today trying to get this down... I had fun but I didn't learn too much... nothing I've "learned" has "paid off" ... I should have gotten the ammo to unlimited by now or been able to at the least fix the refill rate (which was just another way to get it unlimited) - see I'm thinking.. I just can't get any of this to work for me.

Done a LOT of little console and value hacking, but this debug and assembly stuff is just WAY over my head... so I'd appreciate a little perhaps.. maybe oh.. just an explanation of what the heck I'm doing wrong here.

See... its like if I have 8 missiles left... and I fire them... do a search for them SURE... I can find the DISPLAY of how many I have left.. but the actual value of how many I have.. as far as the game is concerned is somewhere else and I CAN NOT FIND IT!

Really driving me crazy. But at the last minute.. when I was ready to give up and give in.. I found this bit of code doing text searches in the memory window (attachment) .. and anyways.. WAY BACK in the C64 days I use to be able to hack like this... it would work.. what am I doing wrong now so that it isn't working (not that I can really tell you what I'm doing or not doing at all)? I try to change the values so that the reload rate instead of being 10 seconds is ONE second.. and ... no result.

Guys! Please, just another tutorial for THIS type of thing, because I believe that EACH MISSILE has its OWN timer.. so its its OWN weapon, and yeah I tried to just hack ONE MISSILE so that I always HAD ONE that was never "spent" and that didn't work either... damn, I tried a lot today to get this to work, and just got no result... in fact, I almost never come on a board and ask for help.. so this is almost a first too. Smile

Can you give me a hand with this do you think?

I'll be here tomorrow for sure.. I want to ace this advanced memory hacking stuff... I don't REALLY want to learn assembly but I know that I can get a little bit familier with it enough that I can turn things off and on and thats all I want to do... turn off losing a weapon when I use it, still have it in my stock or have it reload faster!

Thanks!

VMX

whatamidoinghere-cheatengine.JPG
 Description:
So does THIS HELP ME in any way? And it TOOK ME WAY TOO MANY HOURS to find this.. there has to be an easier way to do this.
 Filesize:  263.3 KB
 Viewed:  4921 Time(s)

whatamidoinghere-cheatengine.JPG

VisMajorX
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Okay then just answer me this... PLEASE! Reply with quote

It use to be that if I had 8 missiles (or whatever in any game) left, I could simply do the most basic of hacks, and FREEZE that value. Now... not only can I not find the 8 missiles.. (or if I can freezing has no affect on it) ..but it also seems like EACH MISSILE has its "own" ... address or something. Like it would be easier to just hack ONE of them, and make sure that there is just ALWAYS ONE (at least kinda thing). I've tried this too by saying "value unknown" firing the missile... waiting... YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS... anyways... THAT doesn't work either...

.. now really just tell me what is going on with these games now that they are making it SO HARD for me to cheat a little bit. IS it BECAUSE of the multiplayer aspect for the consoles now?? I don't even play online, just for me and all by myself... sometimes I just want to whip through a level.

BUT I SO DO NOT understand these "new" types of hacks.

Would doing the game tutorial help? Sad

AND PLEASE TELL ME SO I KNOW WHAT TO FOCUS ON PLEASE....

... how do I make it so I can SEE the code as its exectued by the game?

What is that called? The KERNAL DEBUGER? Is that it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: