Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chaning own location on an online RPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Chaning own location on an online RPG Reply with quote

I can imagine that this probably is different for every game there is but...maybe somebody does know a good way.
It's an online RPG, however your location is completely client based, you do not even recieve a single packet when u change your location and stuff like that...also i was able to WTW(walk through walls) a little by replacing map data (using an FTP while the game was running so that the ingame patcher didn't notice) with different maps, which obviously has the disadvantage that movement is limited to this different map i had put there instead. Also there are already people teleporting themselves, i witnessed it many times...
Now...how I tried to be able to go to another map:
When being on a teleporter search for values, when selecting another destination use change value and so on..no luck, obviously the destination is loaded in the memory even before going to a teleporter.
After that i tried something very lame i knew it wouldn't work...searching for the maps name in the memory and change it...it loaded the other maps data but my actual location was still on the actual map.
Also i tried using change value when changing the map but...lots of values change when changing the map, making it hard to find an actual value.
Somebody got some other ideas I could try out?
the_brilliance
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A memory challege eh? What game is this for?
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for Phantasy star online blue burst, the only game i am trying to find cheats for at the moment. Basically i'd use it to teleport to bosses to get their rare drops. I don't like the droprates, and don't like how unlucky I am when it comes to drops (i have over 400hours on my counter and still didn't obtain any of the bosses' drops, despite some other people who played like 200 hours or less and got one...).
oscardrew
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this one of tose full 3d games? Kinda like Lineage II? If it is finding the x y z values can be very difficult. I know in my Lingeage II private server the vaules are up to seven digits long O.O. Your best bet is to move a very slight distance and then do a changed value. Then unchanged and so on and so forth. Chances are that you won't be ablke to find it.

Also u said you dont recieve and packets when u change your location but do you send any?
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fully 3D...which also causes a the hindrance that even if there are X Y Zs...the camera can turn therefore there's no idea if X/Y decreased or increased...and move and then changed value is an impossible prozess i think...for it returning the searched value, it's...kinda ..almost...impossible.
As for the packets being sent...probably, but them being encrypted i can hardly judge, and even if i sent them again i wouldn't teleport there. I cannot try anymore, this are experiences i gained before game guard was added. But changing one's location IS possible, sending packets to the server is not necessary, after all it's possible to move maps and so on even after having been disconnectet (the game sends so few packets that, if there are no other players in the same party the game does not even realize you're disconnectet and it goes on for like 1 minute!). Well and as far changing my location, all i was hoping for would be anything i could use to get to other maps, changing the extract location isn't even necessary for me. I hoped somebody knew any possible ways I cannot think of.... this board is my only bet~
oscardrew
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a debugger like Softice, that might be able to help you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: