Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

suggestion: auto start programm and freeze address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: suggestion: auto start programm and freeze address Reply with quote

it would be great if the trainers created with CE could just auto start the program that is normally only launched after pressing the start button ,and autofreeze addresses...
okay you may now think : stupid so they cannot see the key combinations...
yeah well then a possiblity to create a keycombinationlist would be nessesary or a config.ini file...
in the keycombinationlist the user could look up the combinations...
or the config file...i think something like that would be great:
autolaunch:x
c1:x
c2:x
k1:x
k2:x

(autolaunch : 0 or 1 depending on weather the prog should be launced immediately at start of the trainer
c1: weather if cheat1 should be activated when prog is launched
c2: same with that just with cheat 2 this time
k1: key combination for cheat1
k2: key combination for cheat2)

well since some people might not like having another file i assume it would be best to enable/disable that feature when creating a trainer

i think that kind of system would make trainers generated by cheat engine even greater Very Happy
maybe you could think if over ,if you think it's stupid just ignore it ^_^
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autostart the game and autoactivate certain cheats is a nice idea yes.
I'll propably add those options in the parts where you're generating the trainer, so no seperate config file is needed. (Actually, the trainer has a config file appended to itself, and reads that to configure itself, thats why exe compressors will completly screw up CE trainers)

About how the player knows the keys:
there are a few options:
1:alt+tab to the trainer (or are you talking about making the trainer completly invisible, till the game exits?)
2:Including a readme file in the archive when sending the trainer to someone
3:Showing a popup when you start the trainer showing the keys, and require you to press ok to launch the game.

Is this what you're suggesting or did I understand something wrong?
wh1t3y
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be hella sweet if the trainer came up in front of the game without minimizing the game window and reseting the resolution (because some games do that)... an example of this would be the dragonsioa trainer for roller coaster tycoon loopy landscapes... that thing is the shiz.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great that you liked my idea Smile
about your possiblity
1. i wasn't talking about making it invisible ,however you cannot depend on seeing it in the window since some games can't be maximixed once minimized
2. the readme idea was what i meant with a keycombination-list ^_^
3. sounds nice ,however i also use cheat engine for programs (might sound stupid but I use cheat engine for many kinds of things) and i want to let one trainer launch on startup so that it will auto-launch the program and modify its' memory...however for games your method 3 would be great ^_^

all in all including a readme file seems to be easiest and effctive...
i am curious of what you'll do ^_^
thanks for your great work on cheat engine ,except that one suggestion i posted i see nothing that can be improved Very Happy
wh1t3y
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn straight... all good ideas. i guess you are talking about something like diet kaza where it starts up and then starts kazaa and edits its memory so there are no popups and what not... that would be a cool feature. the only thing really to do to cheat engine i think is make the trainer maker friggin chock full of features like the trainer maker kit... but thats a little confusing for people. and another thing is that it could use some graphics, but i can help you with that dark byte Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wh1t3y wrote:
that would be hella sweet if the trainer came up in front of the game without minimizing the game window and reseting the resolution (because some games do that)... an example of this would be the dragonsioa trainer for roller coaster tycoon loopy landscapes... that thing is the shiz.

You're talking about a option to have the trainer window always stay on top at a fixed position? (and transparant if possible)
wh1t3y
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not really... kinda though. see the dragonsioa trainer works like this. you open up the trainer and it runs the game... when you are playing the game you hit like f5 i think it is and then the program comes up in the rollercoaster tycoon resolution so that it doesnt switch anything or mess up the game play... and then from there you edit stuff like make the terrain flat and give yourself money and stuff like that.

i just thought of another thing that would be awesome. skins. that would be sweet if cheat engine were skinnable... if you want me to and you can integrate one ill try and come up with one.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Cheat Engine 2.3 has some skinning options. (rightclick on the logo to get there) but it isn't very good. (thats why I took it out again in 3.0)

I'm having trouble with giving buttons a color (always stay gray), and because I change the layout of Cheat Engine almost every time a new version comes out it will be hard to keep the current skin settings...

But if you've got some ideas let me know.
wh1t3y
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well something that you would do is to just use images for the buttons and stuff like that... you might have to create some kind of button control that will let you load an image for the up position and the down position... i might be able to make one in visual basic but i dont know if you could use it with delphi.. but ill try to think of some other ideas none the less

i just thought of another idea so i figured id edit this and put it on here. im not too sure if you could use this but im leaning toward that you can for delphi... there is a skinning engine called active skin that is hella sweet and that works pretty good, and then it comes with the skin maker.. it will let you do anything with your layout, including nonsquare forms and stuff like that. i think it is made by softshape. go here to check it out.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several problems with skinning.
The windows are resizable, from the borders, as well from the middle (the bottom list is resizable) I can't take resizing of windows away, cause it was one of the most requested feature.

Another thing, I can't load seperate controls. (well, not visual placable controls) I also work on Cheat Engine at my school and those computers are completly read-only (registry included) except the student work dir, so importing a new visual component will not work. The best I can do is just program the stuff so it apears on runtime.

Also, you've got to think about the xp-style users and clasic-style users.
Buttons have a gradient color, smooth edges, the color scheme is different...(And the xp-theme is the closest thing that comes to skinning Cheat Engine right now)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: