Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Subnautica Doorkey search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iniar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject: Subnautica Doorkey search Reply with quote

Good afternoon. I would like to propose combining joint skills in different ways of hacking games from beginners to pros and who, like me, are interested in disassembling games in various non-standard places.
Task: Game Subnautica version 71288, an interest arose to start by finding instructions for comparing the entered 4-digit password on the lock of any door, extracting the correct password from this block of code and displaying it with a script in a table or automatically entering it into the door lock panel. But to achieve the minimum, it will be enough for me to simply see the correct password in the register when entering an incorrect password. For example, I know for sure that the code for the door to the captain’s cabin on Aurora is 2679 (it comes in a radio message at a certain point in the game). In the course of trying to find the instructions, I came to the conclusion that when entering the code, it is compared character by character and each character is in the String format. There is a space of 4 bytes between characters. But for me, the catch is that in that code block not only the lock keyboard symbols are processed, but also all the inscriptions in the menu are also processed in the form of character codes in unicode. I feel like my knowledge of assembler is lacking somewhere. I tried to go through the game code in that block, but I couldn’t come across processing of only the door password. Anyone who is also interested in playing games to develop skills and share common experience, please join and offer your ideas and research. I can provide a save of the game where the character is standing directly next to the door lock panel on which I conducted research. I ask that experienced CE users do not ignore my task; nevertheless, you have more experience that you can pass on to your followers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: