Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a batch file that runs a game + Cheat Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJUniverse
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Creating a batch file that runs a game + Cheat Engine Reply with quote

Hi, I'm trying to create a batch file that will run my game and 15 seconds later, open Cheat Engine (minimized if possible) along with a tweak/tweaks of my choices. I don't know where to begin but appreciate any help.
Corroder
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a right section to post this, anyhow this is an example as the topic said. at least it work.

Code:
echo off
start /b "" "C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe"
timeout /t 15
start /min "" "C:\Program Files\Cheat Engine 7.4\Cheat Engine.exe"
exit

use notepad to write the script and save it as a batch file

gibberishh
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corroder wrote:
I don't know if this is a right section to post this, anyhow this is an example as the topic said. at least it work.

Code:
echo off
start /b "" "C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe"
timeout /t 15
start /min "" "C:\Program Files\Cheat Engine 7.4\Cheat Engine.exe"
exit

use notepad to write the script and save it as a batch file

In the fourth line, you might be better off using this, depending on what you want to do:
Code:
start /min "" "C:\Games\My Game\Cheat Table.ct"

Use appropriate paths. This will open the cheat table instead of just opening CE.

Btw, I used to use batch files to open the game and associated cheat table. Now I simply edit the table Lua script to launch games.

Code:
local proc = "Game.exe"
function Launch()
  if not getProcessIDFromProcessName(proc) then
    if io.popen("if exist "..proc.." (echo 1)"):read() then -- looks for game exe in same folder
      shellExecute(proc) -- launches game
      sleep(1000)
    else
      messageDialog(proc.." is not available in this folder. Open the table from the same folder as the game or start the game first.",mtError,mbOK)
      return
    end
  end
  local ticks = 0
  local maxTicks = 5000 -- keeps waiting until the process is available or so many milliseconds have elapsed
  local tick = 100
  while process ~= proc and ticks < maxTicks do
    openProcess(proc)
    sleep(tick)
    ticks = ticks + tick
  end
  if process ~= proc then
    messageDialog(proc.." is not running. Game not attached.",mtError,mbOK)
    return
  else
    getAddressList().getMemoryRecord(0).Active = true -- not necessary, but this activates the first record in my table -- you can activate other records if you wish, or delete this line entirely
  end
end

Launch()

My Start Menu shortcut to the game points to the cheat table instead of the game exe.

Corroder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibberishh wrote:

My Start Menu shortcut to the game points to the cheat table instead of the game exe.

Yes, of course I will do the same thing if I am using Lua script. Btw, the first topic ask for a batch file not a Lua script or Lua function.

gibberishh
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corroder wrote:

Yes, of course I will do the same thing if I am using Lua script. Btw, the first topic ask for a batch file not a Lua script or Lua function.

True, but they haven't specified why they want a batch script. The 15-second delay leads me to conclude (maybe incorrectly) that they are simply trying to open a game and cheat table in one click -- which was my own reason for using batch files once upon a time.

The first part of my reply does give a batch script. The Lua script is only presented as an alternative. The Lua script also addresses the following:
AJUniverse wrote:
along with a tweak/tweaks of my choices
which is much more difficult to achieve through a batch file.
AJUniverse
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibberishh wrote:
Corroder wrote:

True, but they haven't specified why they want a batch script. The 15-second delay leads me to conclude (maybe incorrectly) that they are simply trying to open a game and cheat table in one click -- which was my own reason for using batch files once upon a time.

The first part of my reply does give a batch script. The Lua script is only presented as an alternative. The Lua script also addresses the following:
AJUniverse wrote:
along with a tweak/tweaks of my choices
which is much more difficult to achieve through a batch file.

Reason for the delay in cheat engine running is because the game has a 5 second splash screen before the .exe is running.

Can a Lua script be configured to open a game -> open cheat engine 13 seconds after with 3 different ct files active?
Corroder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJUniverse wrote:

Can a Lua script be configured to open a game -> open cheat engine 13 seconds after with 3 different ct files active?

Just an example:

Code:
app = "C:\\windows\\system32\\notepad.exe"
ct1 = "F:\\DrawArrow.CT"
ct2 = "F:\\MDIForm2.CT"
ct3 = "F:\\FloodFill_01.CT"

function launch()
 shellExecute(app)
 sleep(13000)  --- 13 seconds
 openProcess('notepad.exe')
 local pid = pid or GetOpenedProcessID()
 if pid and pid~=0 then
  shellExecute(ct1) -- open CT file 1
  sleep(1000)
  shellExecute(ct2) -- open T file 2
  sleep(1000)
  shellExecute(ct3) -- open CT file 3
  sleep(1000)
 end
end

launch()

I have no idea. anyhow if run manually, install 3 instances Cheat Engine in different folder. Something like : CE1, CE2, CE3 etc

gibberishh
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJUniverse wrote:
Reason for the delay in cheat engine running is because the game has a 5 second splash screen before the .exe is running.

Your reasoning is correct, but conclusion is not.

You don't need to 'open' cheat engine after 13 seconds. You can open cheat engine (or table) BEFORE the game, but connect the table to the game AFTER 13 seconds.

The code I have given earlier will do exactly that. I already use this code to connect cheat tables to games with long splash screens and loading videos.

Combine it with Corroder's code to launch ct files along with the game exe.

The code should work with most tables. Some tweaks might be required for some rare tables, but I doubt it. Read through the comments in the code, change the numbers and paths as required and see if it works for you. Otherwise you always have the batch file to fall back on. Smile

Also, you don't need to install multiple instances of CE. I have CE 7.2 and have no problems opening 5-7 tables at a time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: