Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do if values don't filter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: What to do if values don't filter? Reply with quote

I try to find a coordinate (X or Y) of the character. And at the end, there are about 200 values (or even more) which don't filter. What to do in such cases? If to freeze groups of them to check and filter, the game crashes.
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to do more investigating manually to see which addresses are updated by the right function.

You could also try to manually edit each one subsequently to see which value affects the game. It's tedious but this is a natural part of hacking games.
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You could also try to manually edit each one subsequently

Oh no. Sometimes about 600 values...

Quote:
You will have to do more investigating manually to see which addresses are updated by the right function.

How should this right function look? How to find it? There should be w/s/a/d buttons listeners.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the logic of the game and how it handles co-ordinates. Checking for w/a/s/d keys will only tell the game that the key was pressed; logically thinking it's what follows is what you're after. What does the game do after the key is pressed? It will check the player position and increase/decrease it based on a set velocity which could be calculated in a number of ways.

The easiest way to alter the co-ordinates of the character is finding what writes to it. When you have found the address which updates in-game after altering, you can select to find out what writes to the address. Move your character in-game and then double-click the opcode in the new window. The memory viewer window will open up and be in the function that tells the game to write to the co-ordinate value.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that you are referring to search values, and not values that are being handled by a single instruction, then freezing coordinate values does not typically cause a target to crash...especially if you are freezing values that do not constantly change when your character is standing still. If you are freezing values that are constantly changing in a meaningful way even though your character is not moving, then stop doing that.

That being said, there are some ways that you can refine your search. First, make sure not to give attention to very small values (e.g. between -1 and 1). Generally speaking, coordinates will range between -5000 to +5000 (could be smaller or larger, depending on the size of the game geography). If it's a 2D game, then the coordinates may exist in a much smaller range.

If the game is 3D, then you will typically be looking for a float type value. 2D types can vary for coordinates.

Make sure to try different approaches if the one that you are trying is not producing good results. For example, if the game is 3D and you are trying to search for higher/lower (elevation) and you are having problems, then try to search for East/West coordinate by searching increasing/decreasing values. Sometimes, moving to the right of the screen will be increase (assuming top of screen is north), but not always, so try both ways.

If it is a 2D game, then the coordinates may be screen-based, so keep that in mind when doing your searches by making sure that you perform your searches all within the same screen. Actually, even if it is not a 2D game, I would try to perform these kinds of searches within the same area, just to be safe.

Unfortunately, this has to be said, but if the game is an online game, then you may face issues even if you do find the correct address.

It may help if you provide more details.
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found all coordinates. But I can't find a working pointer for them. The game name is Hard Reset Redux. What should I try?
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use AOB injection to pull the pointer address from the register
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Interesting. Any guide, steps? It is new to me.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wish that there was a thumbs-down option.

There is a lot of information available for this. You can start by studying this forum.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oleedd wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. Any guide, steps? It is new to me.
Search for "injection copy"
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That instructons which change coordinates also work with another values. That register values change after reloading a level. Will this method work? If no, what to try?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oleedd wrote:
Quote:

That instructons which change coordinates also work with another values. That register values change after reloading a level. Will this method work? If no, what to try?

Yes. You need to set a filter for something in the structure that differentiates your desired coordinates from the others but this is usually simple. Once you are pulling address from instructions it always has the most current address regardless of whether you change levels (given that you use the correct instructions).

Why don't you try it? This forum has 100s of answers for the same questions. Googling the terms from any of those answers reveals 100s more examples. There are YouTube videos covering this content in detail as well.

These are fairly introductory concepts that are easy to learn and very powerful for your cheating and scripting portfolio. Give it a try and unlock your potential.

Once you have tried, your questions will naturally change and we will be more helpful!
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You need to set a filter for something in the structure that differentiates your desired coordinates from the others

How to find that "something"? There are at least 50 values in my case. Is there a guide on this forum?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oleedd wrote:
Is there a guide on this forum?
Shocked
oleedd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need a forum link. There are no terms for search.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: