Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

next scan doesn't work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a float/double value, not 4-bytes.
ac9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried that, both float and double and still doesn't work.

the next scan seems to work when i use string. when i change the value of money, it also changes in the game. but once i try to spend the money buying something, it automatically switches back to the original money amount. it does not fully apply the changed money value. i don't understand why...
Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ac9 wrote:
i tried that, both float and double and still doesn't work.

the next scan seems to work when i use string. when i change the value of money, it also changes in the game. but once i try to spend the money buying something, it automatically switches back to the original money amount. it does not fully apply the changed money value. i don't understand why...

You can't just provide value changing, you need to find address opcode and then inject bytes

ac9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@frouk sorry i'm new to all this, i have no idea how to do that or what that exactly means... i watches the float/double tutorial on cheat engine's youtube channel. when i try to scan float the money, i get a lot of matching results. how do i figure out which one is the right one?
same thing happens when i scan double for expense, get a lot of matching results.

streamable. com/drmy1y

when i scan using string i am able to figure out which is money and which is expense, but when i change them, the change reflects temporarily and always reverts back to the original.

streamable. com/3vs0ts

i'm sorry if my attempts look stupid i really have no idea what i'm doing. if someone could provide a link to a tutorial or detailed instructions, i would really appreciate it.
Oxijen
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try to scan for increased and decreased values, if that doesnt work, the game probably uses xor encryption to hide the real values.
ac9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't work
Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ac9 wrote:
@frouk sorry i'm new to all this, i have no idea how to do that or what that exactly means... i watches the float/double tutorial on cheat engine's youtube channel. when i try to scan float the money, i get a lot of matching results. how do i figure out which one is the right one?
same thing happens when i scan double for expense, get a lot of matching results.

streamable. com/drmy1y

when i scan using string i am able to figure out which is money and which is expense, but when i change them, the change reflects temporarily and always reverts back to the original.

streamable. com/3vs0ts

i'm sorry if my attempts look stupid i really have no idea what i'm doing. if someone could provide a link to a tutorial or detailed instructions, i would really appreciate it.

You can watch tutorials in youtube how to inject bytes,btw money can be as 4 byte and as float

Tutorials(find video that you need) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNffuWEygffbbT9Vz-Y1NXQxv2m6mrmHr

ac9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see byte injection, only code injection. i think if i attempt that i will break the game beyond repair hahaha!
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't break it beyond repair. RAM is temporary and never permanent Smile.
ac9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha!
nah i give up. at this point, it's way easier to just play it than get a cheat to work lol
Silver001
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing a great opportunity to learn something.

Cheat Engine has a good tutorial built into it with real gaming examples.
Youtube has great videos from Stephen Chapman and CheatTheGame.
When you get really serious about game hacking, check out Guided Hacking.

Don't sell yourself short - you'll be figuring things out in no time !
Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byte injection is the same as code injection (since opcodes have bytes they're same)

EDIT:
your game might changing money address since game is pausing when you are in other window

ac9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Silver001 i think you are the one missing the point - the part where i keep repeating i'm a total noob and have no idea what i'm doing. so unless someone has a link to a tutorial video on how to use cheat engine for this specific game, i give up. the point of wanting to play a cheated game is to relax and have fun. wasting 2 days trying to figure out how to make cheat engine work is the complete opposite of fun.

@Frouk yes it auto pauses every time i switch windows, so maybe it does change the money address. i assumed that a simple retro game like this would be easy to cheat, clearly i am wrong!
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ac9 wrote:
@Silver001 i think you are the one missing the point - the part where i keep repeating i'm a total noob and have no idea what i'm doing. so unless someone has a link to a tutorial video on how to use cheat engine for this specific game, i give up. the point of wanting to play a cheated game is to relax and have fun. wasting 2 days trying to figure out how to make cheat engine work is the complete opposite of fun.

@Frouk yes it auto pauses every time i switch windows, so maybe it does change the money address. i assumed that a simple retro game like this would be easy to cheat, clearly i am wrong!

No offence meant by this but you have the ability to query a search engine, or popular video website. If there is something that you do not understand you can ask here what it is that confuses you and I am sure there will be someone willing to answer your question(s).
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

ac9 wrote:
...so unless someone has a link to a tutorial video on how to use cheat engine for this specific game, i give up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0oa3Qiz5tw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: