Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ActionScript3 Finding value type Array in memory...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuura
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: ActionScript3 Finding value type Array in memory... Reply with quote

Hello. I have a problem finding Array type in memory via Cheat Engine.
In code it is represented like this one.
Code:
public var mens:Array;

This is how it is represented in ActionScript3 code, it seems to be standart ActionScript3 data type.
ActionScript3 is smart, that is why it does not locate Array in same memory region as Number(double), Boolean(byte).
Strings are also located in their own memory region with delimeter.
Code:

this.mens = new Array();

Flash game seems to be making array of mens aka all alive people on a map that u are playing... As we see above code says that it is length 0 from a start...
So something seems resizing it, it is indexed array from 0 upto 4,294,967,295... Very cool. How can i find it in my memory Sad
DanyDollaro
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you are looking for is called "entity list".

I don't exactly know how ActionScript3 handle these Array types, these can be a linked list, an array of 'mens' structure, or an array of pointers to 'mens'.

For example, let's take the first case, the linked list, if you get current man's health, you can disassemble its structure, and look for a pointer to another structure that looks like a man, and if it also contains a pointer to the antecedent structure you might find the first man of the list.

And so on, you will have to do some research to understand what type of structure they used (before answering I did some research but it seems that its implementation is not discussed in detail in the Adobe documentation).

You can find this resource useful, speaks about entity lists:
https://guidedhacking.com/threads/getting-started-how-to-find-the-entity-list.10300
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: