Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to edit character stat after finding address in debugger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximus1127
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: How to edit character stat after finding address in debugger Reply with quote

So I'm trying to hack Gauntlet Slayer edition. I went to an enemy with a lot of health and kept shooting him with Elf's arrows until i isolated the health that was decreasing. I successfully was able to lock or increase that health value so i know for sure this is the correct enemy. Then I right clicked that address and selected "see what writes to this address". Then I went back and shot the enemy. It brings up two addresses. I know these are the correct addresses because when I go back and shoot the enemy again, the count in the debugger goes up the correct amount. So the count starts at 1 then goes up with each shot.

Ok. So according to the health lost from the enemy, my shots do "10" damage each time. But I don't know how to edit this. If I click on those two addresses in the debugger, they don't equal to 10 and if i try to change their values at all, the game instantly crashes and i have to start all over.

Does anyone know what to do to edit shot values after finding them as the "writes to" value in the debugger? I've attached a small screen shot just in case anyone needs to see what it shows. These two values are what pops up after I shoot the enemy and this is the "find out what writes to this address" window.

cc.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.79 KB
 Viewed:  1514 Time(s)

cc.PNG

DanyDollaro
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you see in that debugging window are the assembly codes interacting with the health address, they are not intended as variables, because the processor will execute those instructions.
Let's make one thing clear, taking into account mov [ecx], eax instruction because that's probably what you are looking for since mov [ecx + 04], ebp is a bit unusual, you will have that ecx will contain the pointer to your health, while eax, will contain the value your health will be set to.
If you want to increase the damage done by your character you can do 2 things:
1) Investigate backwards and find where the damage value of your weapon resides (you may find this very difficult if you have no knowledge of assembly)
2) Create a script that checks the health pointer and if it is yours it does nothing, if it is not yours then it amplifies the damage (you will find it simple if you have completed the cheat engine tutorial)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: