Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requesting help with the Outer Worlds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarddy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Requesting help with the Outer Worlds Reply with quote

Trying to do something that I, frankly, expected to be a LOT simpler than it is proving to be. All i want to do is gift myself a couple extra attribute points to unlock additional dialogue options while playing.

And this is about the first time EVER i haven't been able to find a way to mod a save or game to accomplish my goal. Can't decompile the saves, there are no editors online, same with trying to mod the game files. So figured cheat engine would be simple enough, but nope. for one, there doesnt appear to be any tables made that accomplishes this (seen more than a few forspaghetti monstermode or skill points, etc, but none for attributes), and when using cheat engine to try and isolate the address for available attribute points during i've had no luck either. using comparative searches always ends up with a list of values that shift non-stop, and searching for exact values quickly expends all possibilities.

no idea where or how the data for available attrib points is kept/accessed, but if someone could point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

as an aside, i've run more than a few searches trying to figure this one out, and all i have found is others trying to do the same thing unsuccessfully. so perhaps someone feeling ambitious could consider this a challenge
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't take specific game requests here anymore. Try a third party site.
https://forum.cheatengine.org/thirdparty.php

Regardless, this wasn't that hard to search for (about 3 queries). There was some guy saying something about searching for a 2-byte integer in the 500-600 range that gets increased/decreased by 1 as you increase/decrease the attribute point.

If you can't figure it out from that, at least learn how to use a search engine.

Jarddy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imma thank you regardless of the snark. cause this might have been enough to find what i am looking for. (was looking for 1byte when i was looking for relative changes, and was looking for the number on the screen when searching for exact ones).
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this if you want someone to give a damn about questions you ask:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

I don't have any respect for those whom would rather pester others than search for information that can easily be found. The only reason why I responded to you is that you didn't seem to know how to use a search engine.

Jarddy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aight, now you earned a proper fuck you.

i searched EXTENSIVELY for this, and said in the OP exactly what i found. also, your information was not accurate or useful. affecting this change continues to elude me.

and before you continue your presumptions of my intellect, i have used cheat engine numerous times before to create my own changes, and i have been modding since we had to manually recompile the .mpqs for d2.

so piss off if yer just here to pretend yer smarter than you are. world has MORE than enough of that already.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Read this if you want someone to give a damn about questions you ask:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

I gigled when I read this:
Quote:
Worse: writing like a l33t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute kiss of death and guarantees you will receive nothing but stony silence (or, at best, a heaping helping of scorn and sarcasm) in return.

And laughed pretty hard at this:
Quote:
Never, ever expect hackers to be able to read closed proprietary document formats like Microsoft Word or Excel. Most hackers react to these about as well as you would to having a pile of steaming pig manure dumped on your doorstep. Even when they can cope, they resent having to do so.

But My favorite was this:
Quote:
If you find this mysterious, re-read the rest of this how-to repeatedly until you understand it before posting anything at all.

I really found this useful for both myself and for linking for others to read. Thanks for posting this.

OP I think you should read the linked page, and keep this in mind:
Quote:
You shouldn't be offended by this; by hacker standards, your respondent is showing you a rough kind of respect simply by not ignoring you. You should instead be thankful for this grandmotherly kindness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: