Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I always return here every so often

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Why I always return here every so often Reply with quote

I joined this website when I was a kid, making trainers for flash games. Yet here I am, logging back in all these years later. CEF to me is curiosity and nostalgia, but I think it's largely a throwback to the better days of the internet. Sure, not everything 15 years ago was great, the computers were slow, and every game download carried the risk of giving your browser another IE toolbar virus. ..but back then the internet had a much better culture to it.

It was freedom like the wild wild west, you could say and post anything, because everyone used usernames instead of their real names and the influence of the corporate money hadn't came yet to change the rules to appease investors. Most creations on the internet weren't monetized so they had more passion and personality. People created content because they wanted to share it with the world, not because they wanted to make money. Now users are trying to appease algorithms, algorithms that were put in place to appease investors. When I joined in 2008 the five largest companies in the world were all oil companies. Now the top five wealthiest companies in the world are Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and Facebook, who have all played their part in optimizing the entire internet to maximize their growth. CEF is truly a throwback of a bygone era full of freedom and creativity. To me, CEF is the golden age of the internet.

Call it nostalgia, but I think it's a lesson. What good is the past, if we don't learn anything from it? If we can understand and appreciate what made that era of the internet so good in the first place, perhaps there can be another golden age in the future. Soon we will be old and grey, we will be the boomers in charge making all of the decisions in the world.

HotHeap
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer
Ban

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I always return here every so often Reply with quote

Clifford wrote:
I joined this website when I was a kid, making trainers for flash games. Yet here I am, logging back in all these years later. CEF to me is curiosity and nostalgia, but I think it's largely a throwback to the better days of the internet. Sure, not everything 15 years ago was great, the computers were slow, and every game download carried the risk of giving your browser another IE toolbar virus. ..but back then the internet had a much better culture to it.

It was freedom like the wild wild west, you could say and post anything, because everyone used usernames instead of their real names and the influence of the corporate money hadn't came yet to change the rules to appease investors. Most creations on the internet weren't monetized so they had more passion and personality. People created content because they wanted to share it with the world, not because they wanted to make money. Now users are trying to appease algorithms, algorithms that were put in place to appease investors. When I joined in 2008 the five largest companies in the world were all oil companies. Now the top five wealthiest companies in the world are Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and Facebook, who have all played their part in optimizing the entire internet to maximize their growth. CEF is truly a throwback of a bygone era full of freedom and creativity. To me, CEF is the golden age of the internet.

Call it nostalgia, but I think it's a lesson. What good is the past, if we don't learn anything from it? If we can understand and appreciate what made that era of the internet so good in the first place, perhaps there can be another golden age in the future. Soon we will be old and grey, we will be the boomers in charge making all of the decisions in the world.

You have autism, sure you got lucky with bitcoin, but once that money runs out you will be making no decisions.
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install gentoo you faggot

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Mania Guy
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: