Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AOBScan pointing to similar addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: AOBScan pointing to similar addresses Reply with quote

I'm attempting to use Aobscans to find specific addresses with float values, but there's no chance any of them will have a truly unique signature. Every one of these values (All Entity HP, an Ammotype, Firerate, Movement Speed) are surrounded by identical bytes in memory for huge lengths.

As it is, I can use a single Aobscan to find whatever address was most recently changed, but not any one in particular. That is to say, if the player's movement speed changes the pointer provided by the Aobscan will point to the address for MS, and will switch to the address for HP, Firerate or the Ammotype when they're updated, respectively.

I've learned mostly by observation, and studied briefly on things I didn't understand, but I have no idea how to properly scan for addresses that use Floats individually. Any help here would be appreciated.

Every access call for all of these values is:
movss [rdx],xmm0

I understand I can just narrow down pointer scans traditionally, but I'm hoping to learn how to do this through scripting (even Lua if it's easier).
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is asked a lot and it's also been covered a lot. There are many ways to handle it and each situation calls for a unique method. Search for shared instruction in cheat engine to get some ideas.
Birdi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried things like Structure Dissect and comparing Registers, but nothing really jumps out as an obvious solution to me. I'm far too much of a novice here, unfortunately.

The few injection attempts, based on the Structures, I've made have all ended with odd side-effects and none of them directly solve any singular goal. I fear that this sharedcode is used for too much of the game, but again I'm really new to all this.

If somebody would be willing to more directly help me learn, I'm absolutely willing to compensate for your time, however you see fit.

The game is Minecraft Dungeons (Launcher, v1.8.0.0), as I forgot to mention it above. I've developed a few things in this table, but anything revolving around player stats is pretty much a no-go.

Birdi#0007 on Discord, if that'd be easier for communication.
Birdi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempted to backtrace function calls to find the individual values I'm looking for, but that has proven wildly difficult for me.. still looking for help

game.png
 Description:
Huge stack, no idea how to proceed
 Filesize:  89.04 KB
 Viewed:  846 Time(s)

game.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: