Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLIFFORD'S PRED: THE INTERNET HAS HIT PEAK CENTRALIZATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: CLIFFORD'S PRED: THE INTERNET HAS HIT PEAK CENTRALIZATION Reply with quote

About 30 companies control 99.9% of all internet traffic. TREND REVERSAL TIME!

When the internet first was born, it was extremely decentralized and ever since that singularity it has slowly became more and more centralized. Back in the 90s you didn't Google something, you went to the addressbar and typed the hyperlink directly. Before the times of Facebook pages/groups and subreddits, companies all had their own forum (coughCEFcough) and own website. Before the time of AWS and Shopify, companies all had their own webserver infrastructure. Even when there are lots of choices, it's really the illusion of choice as odds are the HQ is located somewhere in Silicon Valley where all the lobbyists are who bribe these extremely influential companies with money to change their policies and algorithms to align with their agenda.

People were always bothered by the centralization of the internet, but the tipping point came by the banning of the president of the United States by most of the internet.

What you will see is a self fragmentation of the internet, not by force but by choice. What's changing:

1. Money, and money payments will become decentralized (bitcoin)
2. Small websites get more popular, internet fragments in industries particularly related to hosting user created content (video, blog, art, etc...)
3. Self sufficiency in server architecture, payments, and software
4. Fragmented communication means growth of echochambers in social media and news media

top-100-websites-prev.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  406.79 KB
 Viewed:  3540 Time(s)

top-100-websites-prev.jpg

HotHeap
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer
Ban

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Back in the 90s you didn't Google something, you went to the addressbar and typed the hyperlink directly

you literally assume since you are young, but instead of google, we used askjeeves

you just shown cef that you got lucky with bitcoin and otherwise a fucking idiot

i cant wait till all mining stops on bitcoin and u lose everything
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenPtr wrote:
Quote:
Back in the 90s you didn't Google something, you went to the addressbar and typed the hyperlink directly

you literally assume since you are young, but instead of google, we used askjeeves

you just shown cef that you got lucky with bitcoin and otherwise a fucking idiot

i cant wait till all mining stops on bitcoin and u lose everything

Altavista used to be huge too.
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: CLIFFORD'S PRED: THE INTERNET HAS HIT PEAK CENTRALIZATIO Reply with quote

Clifford wrote:
4. Fragmented communication means growth of echochambers in social media and news media

Expanding on this point, despite Joe Biden being a center leaning and rather conventional president, his approval rating is even more polarized between parties than any president in history (Democrats approval is highest ever, republican approval is lowest ever)

This is a result of increasing echochambers on the internet, social media, news, and society. Big data and analytics firms are getting better at finding out who their target demographic are for products, and using this data microtargeting is creating a personalized decentralized web of content consumption based on your demographic identity. Your news isn't my news, your newsfeed isn't my newsfeed, your subscription feed isn't my sub feed, content flow is becoming personalized and decentralized.

This is a trend that I don't see going away anytime soon.

20210213_woc717.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.03 KB
 Viewed:  3459 Time(s)

20210213_woc717.png

HotHeap
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer
Ban

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CLIFFORD'S PRED: THE INTERNET HAS HIT PEAK CENTRALIZATIO Reply with quote

Clifford wrote:
Clifford wrote:

Expanding on this point, despite Joe Biden being a center leaning and rather conventional president, his approval rating is even more polarized between parties than any president in history (Democrats approval is highest ever, republican approval is lowest ever)

This is a result of increasing echochambers on the internet, social media, news, and society. Big data and analytics firms are getting better at finding out who their target demographic are for products, and using this data microtargeting is creating a personalized decentralized web of content consumption based on your demographic identity. Your news isn't my news, your newsfeed isn't my newsfeed, your subscription feed isn't my sub feed, content flow is becoming personalized and decentralized.

This is a trend that I don't see going away anytime soon.

DUMBFUCK, they been filtering through algorithms for your news feed; but that does not mean “your news isn’t my news” because you still share the same news source. If you use google as Object A, both you and I get the same news source resources...DERP. Think of newsource as an array of news, so CNN would have more than one news, you just subscribe through your likes and dislikes to what you wanna see from CNN. YOU ARE AN IDIOT, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it blows cliffords mind that people can have specific content from a news source, as that works for sub feeds aka content flow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: