Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silent Hunter 5 FOV Fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfxcasey
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Silent Hunter 5 FOV Fix Reply with quote

Hi, let me first state I have very little experience with cheat engine. I'm trying to create a 'cheat table', I guess it's called, for Silent Hunter 5 that changes the field of view for ultra wide resolution compatibility. A fellow over on the Subsim forums has found the data that controls the FOV and possibly aspect ratio of the game. Another fellow, upon request, made me a 'cheat table'/Script, I'm not sure what to call it, it's a .ct file, so I guess cheat table is the right term. He created a cheat table for me in version 7.1 that is supposed to scan for the 3 possible occurrences of the data in question and, upon activating the scripts, change the relevant bits to provide the proper 'fix'. The problem is, the cheat table doesn't seem to be working for me.

Now I have Cheat Engine 7.2 installed but this cheat table was written/compiled in version 7.1. Now I don't know if that's the problem, I was going to revert to version 7.1 but every source I find for v7.1 my computer is flagging the file as potentially dangerous which did not happen when I downloaded version 7.2, so I've been a little leary about downloading it and running it.

Now, I can start my Cheat Engine 7.2 and I can manually scan for, and change the relevant bits to get my Silent Hunter 5 fixed with the correct field of view, but I don't know how to save this into a working .ct file. I found some tutorials online that say I need to find out what is writing the relevant data so I can, it seems, create a 'pointer' as the actual address where the data array in question is changes with each new startup of the game. According to what I've read and seen in tutorials, I have to attach a debugger to the process so I can determine what writes the date array to the address. Problem is, I can't seem to get Cheat Engine to do this properly, as the debugger always comes up with a message saying that the process is taking a long time and tells me the dialog window will close when the debugging attachment is complete, but this never happens. It appears the debugger never finishes attaching to the process. I've tried setting some different debugger options, including using the VEH debugger instead of the Windows debugger but the result is the same. I don't know if it's a symbols issue or what?

I have a copy of the script I was given, if anyone would like to take a look at it and see if they can determine why it's not working. The other option I am left with is to attempt to create my own .ct trainer out of the working search and changes I am able to make manually, but I'm not sure how to go about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: