Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is CE Speedhack destined to be detectd by servers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilviaChavez77
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject: Is CE Speedhack destined to be detectd by servers? Reply with quote

Hi,

I know I'm not supposed to, but I recently used the speedhack in an online game I've been playing for years.

I didn't use it though to abuse other players when playing together but just to fast-forward some stages where the game progress is painfully slow.

My question is, as shown in the title,...

Can it be detected by the server (operator) although it doesn't send any output to the server? I mean, it's not like I'm commanding/inputting any action and send any related packets to the server when skipping and fast-forwarding with speedhack. Whenever I have to take actions in the game, it's reset at normal speed. Can it be still detected despite what I've been doing?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, speed hacking can be detected easily. Just depends on how the server tracks your movement and how often it's recording/monitoring it. It's very easy to take a player's last few movements/steps and calculate their velocity from it on the server to determine if you are going faster than you should. This varies game-by-game on implementation though on how movement and such is handled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: