Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set/Change dropdown menu "mass edit/paste" suggest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Branimir
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Set/Change dropdown menu "mass edit/paste" suggest Reply with quote

Hello there.

First of all, I apologize if this question already has an answer.

Now then...

@Dark_Byte Could you add a feature/function to the "Set/Change dropdown selection options" menu that allows us to edit/paste dropdowns in BULK?

For example: I have 1000 skill mod codes for every character in a game. And each character has three skills.

This means that I have to: "Right-click > Set/Change dropdown selection options > CTRL-A > TICK TICK TICK > OK" 3000 times! Instead of just once.

So I ask you... PLEASE give us the option of making dropdowns in bulk.

Example of how this can be done: Highlight all of the codes you want to give dropdowns to
> Right-click > Set/Change dropdown selection options > CTRL-A > TICK TICK TICK > OK

I would very much appreciate this.
...I know that my sanity and fingers would.

PS:
Yes... I am well aware that I could have simply created a dropdown list for the first three skills, and then simply copy-pasted them and edited the offset.
Let's not get into that.
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you are asking, but it sounds like this already exists.
You just need to put the memrec reference in brackets.

E.g.
Let's say you create your first address list entry called "iID" and you populate all dropdown entries there.
In the next one, you only need to reference it, so you enter "(iID)". This will make the second entry inherit the settings from the "iID"record.
This is a bit borked when using mono (Unity) games, but for others it works flawlessly.

To create the mass records, use Excel or similar, export to text, replace tabs with colons, and copy-paste into CE.
Branimir
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I am not sure what you are asking

How can you not know? If you've ever dealt with skill/item lists then you know what I'm talking about.

Example: Address 12345678 Value 0000000F (No dropdown menu)
(With dropdown) Instead of the value appearing as 0000000F, it will appear as, let's say...BARRIER.

However, I will correct myself. It is CTRL+V, NOT CTRL-A.

Csimbi wrote:
You just need to put the memrec reference in brackets.

E.g.
Let's say you create your first address list entry called "iID" and you populate all dropdown entries there.
In the next one, you only need to reference it, so you enter "(iID)". This will make the second entry inherit the settings from the "iID"record.

The problem with that (If I understood you correctly, that is) is that I still end up having to do it MANUALLY. 3000 times.
As I've already explained, I need a way to do it only ONCE.

Branimir wrote:
Example of how this can be done: Highlight all of the codes you want to give dropdowns to
> Right-click > Set/Change dropdown selection options > CTRL+V > TICK TICK TICK > OK

Csimbi wrote:
To create the mass records, use Excel or similar, export to text, replace tabs with colons, and copy-paste into CE.

...I have no idea what you're referring to. Please elaborate.
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branimir wrote:

...I have no idea what you're referring to. Please elaborate.

Yeah, that is my problem, too.
You need to create the entry list at least once.
I wonder if there is a way to populate the list using LUA - you might want to ask a LUA guru.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use referenced dropdown lists. That way you only need to change the referenced list and not the others

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Branimir
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

Yeah, that is my problem, too.
You need to create the entry list at least once.
I wonder if there is a way to populate the list using LUA - you might want to ask a LUA guru.

Dark Byte wrote:
Use referenced dropdown lists. That way you only need to change the referenced list and not the others

THIS!! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED!! Very Happy
https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5719404

Just select/highlight the addresses you want to have a dropdown list, right-click, set/Change dropdown selection options, ctrl-v, tick tick tick, OK.

IT...is...PERFECT!! Very Happy

Unfortunately, I already did this by hand. Q_Q
3000 times... Damn... BUT!! Now I won't have to repeat it in the future!! Very Happy

PS:
Why won't you implement this in your official CE releases? O_o
MANY people would be extremely grateful to you, you know.

PPS:
Apologies, but I have no idea how to use those referenced dropdown lists.
(Nor "memrec" for that matter.)
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, what we were trying to tell you is that you need to do it only once and then, you can just reference the one.
There is no need to attach a list to each entry.
But, suit yourself.
Branimir
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
You know, what we were trying to tell you is that you need to do it only once and then, you can just reference the one.
But, suit yourself.

Branimir wrote:

PPS:
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branimir wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
But, suit yourself.

Branimir wrote:

PPS:

Actually, I also do recommend using the linked dropdown list feature on top of the batch apply extension. They are not meant to replace one another.

If you have a long dropdown list and you set it to lots of memory records (i.e. skill/item slots in context) your table size is going to get relatively large and take longer to load. Of course with cheap HDD space and fast processors nowadays its probably just a few megabytes and seconds more, but it's just a nitpicking compulse of mine to keep my tables neat and small.

Also beats having to edit the dropdown list for all memory records when you need to make a change, since you only need to edit the original one and all the other linked ones will reference it.

Exact procedures on using it has already been explained by Csimbi, but say you have entries for "Slot 1" all the way to "Slot 255", just put your list in "Slot 1" and in the dropdown list text field for 2 - 255 put "(Slot 1)" without the quotes i.e. "(description of linked memory record)".
Branimir
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

predprey wrote:
Actually, I also do recommend using the linked dropdown list feature on top of the batch apply extension. They are not meant to replace one another.

If you have a long dropdown list and you set it to lots of memory records (i.e. skill/item slots in context) your table size is going to get relatively large and take longer to load. Of course with cheap HDD space and fast processors nowadays its probably just a few megabytes and seconds more, but it's just a nitpicking compulse of mine to keep my tables neat and small.

Also beats having to edit the dropdown list for all memory records when you need to make a change, since you only need to edit the original one and all the other linked ones will reference it.

Exact procedures on using it has already been explained by Csimbi, but say you have entries for "Slot 1" all the way to "Slot 255", just put your list in "Slot 1" and in the dropdown list text field for 2 - 255 put "(Slot 1)" without the quotes i.e. "(description of linked memory record)".

I admit, It does save space. My DBF cheat table is at 250MB now thanks to me manually adding dropdowns to every character's skill slot.
And it takes 3~ minutes to open. @_@

I just tried it. I finally got it to work. Many thanks.

However... I noticed something... Unlike making "normal" dropdown lists, I cannot make the "memrec" dropdown list in bulk;
Even with your amazing lua extension.

Is that a bug perhaps? ...Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I just want to make it clear that there are NO name conflicts.
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branimir wrote:
predprey wrote:

I admit, It does save space. My DBF cheat table is at 250MB now thanks to me manually adding dropdowns to every character's skill slot.
And it takes 3~ minutes to open. @_@

I just tried it. I finally got it to work. Many thanks.

However... I noticed something... Unlike making "normal" dropdown lists, I cannot make the "memrec" dropdown list in bulk;
Even with your amazing lua extension.

Is that a bug perhaps? ...Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I just want to make it clear that there are NO name conflicts.

Congratulations, you found a bug in my code Laughing ! Shows just how few people uses my scripts since linked lists have been out a long time and no one reported it LaughingLaughingLaughing. Anyway I updated it, grab the new version. Very Happy
Branimir
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

predprey wrote:
Congratulations, you found a bug in my code Laughing ! Shows just how few people uses my scripts since linked lists have been out a long time and no one reported it LaughingLaughingLaughing. Anyway I updated it, grab the new version. Very Happy

I confirm. It works as intended now.

Many, many thanks! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: