Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For some reason CE can't find health bar values....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfreakazoidx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject: For some reason CE can't find health bar values.... Reply with quote

So I suck at coding and what not. I usually use trainers for single player games. Well recently Injustice (the first one) came out and I thought I'd give it a shot. I had played the second one but not the first. Well I really just want to breeze through the SP story mode.

As mentioned the trainers do not work when it comes to in game stuff. They are only working for things like adding keycards...etc. So I loaded up CE and did the obvious thing of putting in a value, getting hit, then searched for a decreased value and so on.

Had no luck. I tried 100 as the default as I assume most games start with that number. No luck. I tried with 200 since you have a "shield" bar too. But also no luck. I never could find anything that worked. So any ideas? Maybe I need to change some settings? If it helps I set value type to "all". I even tried a memory search but it took forever. Sorry for sounding like an idiot, I'm terrible at this stuff. I hate single player honestly.

-edit-
Forgot to mention I also tried the search between x and x values.
ArcRaizer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have never played that particular game (I'm assuming you are referring to the fighting game with superhero/villains) but, I'm assuming it has a training mode since it is a fighting game and all. I can't guarantee it'd work and I don't know if you've tried but try finding it there first? Its the most controlled environment and I would assume everything works the same there health-wise, at least if you find the health value in that environment, you can narrow down how to find it in other modes (because you'll have an idea of what range of numbers to look for, what the max health should look like, what type of value it is, float or what have you). Sadly I can't help much more than give sorta vague advice cuz i don't have it, but I typically brute force my way to finding codes, then make notes somewhere i can see easily so I remember how i found the values previously and what to pay attention to.

But like i said, its the most controlled environment, so if you can set when it regenerates health and such, you can get the right numbers faster, because i find it to be a lot more helpful if the numbers go in more than one direction, narrows things down faster because there are usually a lot of numbers that only go in one direction.

Oh, and don't forget to also use the "Unchanged Value" search, that also narrows things down faster if you let the game go a while with nothing happening, assuming the game doesnt have natural health regen in fights.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also don't forget some games store health as damage taken

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: