Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to give a pointer a name to reference for offsetting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: How to give a pointer a name to reference for offsetting Reply with quote

So, I'm working on a table for a game where aob's aren't really reliable, so I'm using pointers. The only problem is whenever this game get's a new patch, it breaks the pointers and I have to find them all over again. So, my thought is, to set it up so I only have to find a single pointer, then offset that pointer to get to my other memory addresses. To do that, I'd need some way of referencing it.

For example, I have this cheat that creates "_coords" which I can then reference to populate my memory addresses, but it's an aob, not a pointer:

Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(arraystart,?? ff ff ff f1 3f ?? ?? ?? 80 00 ?? ?? 11)

label(_coords)
registersymbol(_coords)

arraystart:
_coords:

[DISABLE]
unregistersymbol(_coords)

https://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=124663

My pointer cheat is just a normal address with offsets: https://forum.cheatengine.org/files/gameexample_133.png. So, hoping there's someway to convert this pointer to asm, give it "name" to reference by, then create new basic cheat in the table where I reference my pointer script by name + offsets like "pointerbase+1ef"

Hope this makes sense...

coords_method_example.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.43 KB
 Viewed:  2304 Time(s)

coords_method_example.png

gameexample.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.08 KB
 Viewed:  2182 Time(s)

gameexample.png

Last edited by Drivium on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can replace "Game.exe"+02f1af20 with the pointerbase (e.g _coords)
Perhaps you need to add one more offset to the bottom with value 0 in case _coords contains the address where the base is stored instead of the address itself

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking I need to convert my pointer (the one pointer I'll have to re-find if game is patched) into asm and give it a name, then I can reference it in a regular cheat like my coords (only used as example of how I've used name referenced with aob's, but want to do it with a pointer in the same way if possible). Aob will not work in this case. A pointer will give me a valid address in the area of interest. Just need a single pointer to get me there, then I can offshoot that on my own without the need for more pointers.

So, here's the order of my thinking:
1. Find my one and only pointer, convert it into an asm script with a name I can reference
2. Create a new cheat (non-pointer) and reference named pointer like "namedpointer+ offset"
3. Done.

The part I don't know how to do is to convert a pointer into an asm script and give it a name for referencing.

I may not be articulating well and I'm sorry for that! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: