Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How exactly handle is obtained

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoodles
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: How exactly handle is obtained Reply with quote

Lately I've been trying to write a program/trainer that can modify a game with a process that is hidden by GameGuard functions (maplestory obviously). And since I do not know Delphi I cannot simply copy the code thats in the open source. I can write my proggie in VB, C++, or C#...So an explanation using any of these languages will suffice.

The problem is that the open source you provide does not have many comments and there are a vast amount of code and a large variety of functions and modules used to make up CE. It is hard to sift through. I just need to know the process of getting the handle on a process that is visible to begin with, then disappears (in a sense). I was able to create a loop that gets the PID and handle on said process, but once GG and the client loads...it like dies. And I cannot use it anymore.

If possible I would like to the exact way that CE is able to obtain a handle and keep it so you can modify the memory with kernel-mode functions defined in the DBK.

A general explanation or one in a language will do. Thanks =]
Mooblar
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: How exactly handle is obtained Reply with quote

Hoodles wrote:
Lately I've been trying to write a program/trainer that can modify a game with a process that is hidden by GameGuard functions (maplestory obviously). And since I do not know Delphi I cannot simply copy the code thats in the open source. I can write my proggie in VB, C++, or C#...So an explanation using any of these languages will suffice.

The problem is that the open source you provide does not have many comments and there are a vast amount of code and a large variety of functions and modules used to make up CE. It is hard to sift through. I just need to know the process of getting the handle on a process that is visible to begin with, then disappears (in a sense). I was able to create a loop that gets the PID and handle on said process, but once GG and the client loads...it like dies. And I cannot use it anymore.

If possible I would like to the exact way that CE is able to obtain a handle and keep it so you can modify the memory with kernel-mode functions defined in the DBK.

A general explanation or one in a language will do. Thanks =]

Why don't you just get the C++ source code?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The c++ code is a joke.

and regarding opening the process:
There are 3 methods:
1: enumerate all windows and get the processid from the window and call openprocess
2: try to open all processes from 0 to 7fff and check if the first module of each process that could be opened in the process you wanted.
3: write a processwatcher, I believe windows recently released a sdk with those functions in it, but I wrote a kernelmode routine that watches process creation and tells ce about it. Then open those processes.

and a different method in it's entirely is write your own kernelmode openprocess and read/write process memory api's

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: