Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Static address relative offset changes on death ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dujiool
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject: Static address relative offset changes on death ? Reply with quote

I have been following some tutorials on game hacking and started to do some on my own.I have been trying to hack Shadow of the Tomb Raider.I first tried finding static address of coin i and got it and it doesn't change when i restart the game so i can access it everytime.I tried to hack current ammo of weapon.I also got it but relative offset always changes when i die.
What i mean is ;

I first found this pointer = SOTTR.exe+31247B8
Offsets were ; D8 , 370 , 0.
Worked fine at first , but when i died value changed to ?? so it wasn't working.

I tried to find pointer again and then i found this pointer= SOTTR.exe+3003018
Offsets were still the same.

So what should i do here ? Is there any way to find new relative offset or is this just way that the game is made ?
happyTugs
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SOTTR.exe+31247B8

Quote:
Worked fine at first , but when i died value changed to ?? so it wasn't working.

I am assuming you got this address through a pointer scan.

The main reason as to why that address changed to ?? is because it's the wrong address to begin with.

Generally, it doesn't matter what the address is (along with its offsets) so long as it points to the correct value consistently.

Either filter some more pointers, or try some other method (i.e. code injection, hooking instructions etc.).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: