Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding a variable to reference and increment for display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinamouri
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Adding a variable to reference and increment for display Reply with quote

I'm using a script to remove the 30 hit combo limit in dead or alive 6, but it disables the hit count completely (setting the value to 0). I'm thinking it might be possible to declare a new variable, and then increment it and reset it, without the hit limit check, and also point the hit combo display, to the newly declared variable. I'm thinking that calls to the hit count pointer could be found using the pointer address in the attached script. (Changed the extension to .txt for viewing) Any help and insight is appreciated.
DanyDollaro
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attached to your discussion I do not see anything, however I do not understand why you must create a new variable without checking the maximum hits that you can give instead of disabling the control on the hits of the original value, just do so:

1) Get the hit address
2) Move the value to the cheat table
3) Find out what access to read (F5) is at that address
4) find an instruction that contains the cmp instruction and perhaps the value 60 (0x3C in hex) unless it is moved to some register
5) You are done, perform a code injection to modify the original code and increase the maximum hit value or disable the check
shinamouri
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't post the script because it was too big. The script disables the whole combo counter. It looks like it sets the combo count to zero and hides the display. This effectively gives no hit limit, but I want to be able to see how many hits are in the combo. I'm working with the assumption that the check for the 30 hit limit, K.O. and time out, are all in the same conditional, like a For OR, but if that's not the case, or isn't an issue even if that is the case, that's great. In a loop with separate function calls, it would be easy to disable one, I think. I'm new to CE but have some experience in C, Java, and assembly, but I'm rusty.
DanyDollaro
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, in the first message I got confused by writing 60 instead of 30, however the code you are looking for can be found by what it accesses in reading, and it should be executed every time the enemy suffers a hit, then those codes that access it thousands of times per second you can discard them, or through what always accesses the hit address in writing you can find the code that increases the counter and going some instruction backwards you have to find the check (so you find a cmp and a conditional jump instruction).

Regarding the fact that they are in a loop it is probable that the cmp instruction is before the function call, you should place a breakpoint on the code that increases the hit counter, when the code is executed go to the end of the function (until the ret command ) going a forward statement you will be reported on the part of code where the function is called, you will find interesting things there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: