Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Issues w/AOB script. [ Baffling issue, resolved. ]

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Critta Kill
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Oct 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Hamilton, Ontario. Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Issues w/AOB script. [ Baffling issue, resolved. ] Reply with quote

So;

Been trying awhile to make a script work, it pays to note that it seems I'm the only one having this problem with the script and I cannot figure out for the life of me why.

First approach was to openly ask for help. This was met with several instances of confusion as for some reason my images of the error was unable to be seen, but no one filled me in on that. So that lead no-where, and so I DM'd the maker of the script who also can't figure out what it wrong.

Someone wrote a similar script that should also work, having apparently tweaked it to be more compatible. Again, works for everyone but me. Same problem, all of them fail on the AOB scan.

Is there something wrong with a setting maybe on Cheat Engine that I've altered to cause this problem? Or am I perhaps missing some element? I'm running the latest CE version, and have reinstalled to make sure everything is fine. I've also downloaded both again to retry and hope it works. Nope.

... well... this is a bit unfortunate... due to my inexperience in the forum I'm, able to even link you to the files required.


Last edited by Critta Kill on Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ParkourPenguin
I post too much
Reputation: 155

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 4777

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the game's name?
May you post the script? Or, if it's more than a hundred lines, at least the lines using aobscan(...). The original code may help too if the script includes that (usually located at the end)

Maybe there's a version incompatibility somewhere. (game, OS, VM / JIT compiler, shared libraries...)

Something in CE's settings might've gotten messed up. Try running ceregreset.exe and see if that helps.

What happens when you scan for the AoB signature manually? (right click in the writable / executable / CoW checkbox area in the main CE window and select "Scan through all memory")
Stupid question, but are you sure you're attaching to the correct process?

_________________
I don't know where I'm going, but I'll figure it out when I get there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Critta Kill
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Oct 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Hamilton, Ontario. Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Moar Info!!! Reply with quote

Alright then, sorry about the lacking information.

The game I'm addressing is MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, (which is amazing btw).

The scripts involved are sort of irrelevant at this juncture. I'm not sure what was exactly wrong. I ended up completely uninstalling CE and my personal settings, reinstalled and everything works.

So, some where I managed to find a setting that prevents AOB access. Not sure where, but I knew it was something wrong with my particular end of things. lol.

I am extremely grateful for your reply, and am terribly sorry for not having updated this topic already. As I've only gotten it all to work just a good half hour ago or so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites