Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling dbk64.sys with visual studio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Compiling dbk64.sys with visual studio? Reply with quote

Hello I'm using CE version 6.8.3 , the last time I've compiled the driver was 3 months ago, now I'm trying to compile it again, but I've probably formatted the pc and uninstalled some files... and anyway I'm trying to re-download the WDK version 7600.16385.0 and then use the windows 7 build environment in order to compile the driver...
but the point is that I might be searching in the wrong place or microsoft might have removed old WDK versions from their site, or anyway I've looked in the start menu without having that WDK installed and I can't find the windows 7 build environment, there is just the one for visual studio 2019...
so I'm asking now since I guess the WDK has been removed, the only other way I could think of is to use visual studio? How can I compile the driver with visual studio 2019? Because when I try to compile it an error says that "no certificates were found that met the following criteria" , even tho InfCat is disabled and driver signing disabled from the project properties.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the build mode to release without sig or debug
keep in mind that the settings you are configuring in visual studio are usually not the one you are compiling so make sure that matches furst

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok solution for compiling with visualstudio 2019 is:
1) Select in compilation mode : Release without sig
2) If you still have the same problem, in project properties (make sure to select release without sig) in driver signing set it to Off (instead of Test signing, which is default)

Edit:
thank you darkbyte, you replied while I was typing my message lol... thanks expecially the second thing you pointed out... that visual studio keeps by default Release settings when opening project properties, instead of opening Release without sig settings (that makes confusion if somebody doesn't see that visual studio keeps Release settings as default)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: