Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally getting into cinema.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Finally getting into cinema. Reply with quote

I used to not watch movies because they took too long, but I'm past that and have been checking out a lot of films lately. Recommend me very solid cinema, 8/10 or better. I'm checking out Drive later today, heard good things.

Recent movies I've enjoyed:

No Country for Old Men
Inception
Full Metal Jacket
2001: A Space Odyssey
Ghost in the Shell(1995)
The Godfather
Office Space
Being John Malkovich

Recent movies that have just been okay:
Joker
Dunkirk
John Wick I & II
Olympus has Fallen
Primer
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

existenz (1999)
cube (1997)
rang de basanti (on netflix)
lagaan (on netflix)
pan’s labyrinth
death of a nation (2018 documentary)

Last edited by TheIndianGuy on Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Message (1976) dailymotion.com/video/x2ewzp3
The Shining (1980)
Boy and the World (2013)
The Red Turtle (2016)
anything by Paul Thomas Anderson, or Wes Anderson

dustin typically has really good taste in movies so make sure you get a hold of him
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatsage wrote:
The Message (1976) dailymotion.com/video/x2ewzp3
The Shining (1980)
Boy and the World (2013)
The Red Turtle (2016)
anything by Paul Thomas Anderson, or Wes Anderson

dustin typically has really good taste in movies so make sure you get a hold of him

the message and boy and the world sound good, i'll watch in time.

3 idiots is another good satire on the parental/social pressure on asian education about 3 college students at a difficult to enter engineering school. based off the book Five Point Someone: What not to do at IIT. basically making fun of the unimaginative npcs and the flaw with current education system.

Last edited by TheIndianGuy on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can just tell youre getting into it.
if you need more and you think we have similar taste:
https://letterboxd.com/brolock/films/by/member-rating/
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:

good list, a lot of movies on there i've seen and enjoyed.
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
Brolock wrote:

good list, a lot of movies on there i've seen and enjoyed.

seven samurai and repulsion are the only ones on there i think i've seen, and i would recommend at least seven samurai to most audiences. in fact, most/all of akira kurosawa is gold.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid recommendations. Drive was pretty good, wouldn't rewatch it, but still a good one-timer. Great soundtrack.

Cube I've been told by someone else to watch as well, so I'll definitely need to get on that. Same with The Shining.

Brolock wrote:

Extensive list too, this should be a great resource when I don't know what to watch but need to put something on, thanks.

Seven Samurai is a classic I need to see, though I've already "seen" it by the sheer number of movies that remake it in their own style.
clash of clans hacks
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going from that list, you'll probably like:
A Clockwork Orange
Reservoir Dogs
Goodfellas
Catch Me If You Can

Some other must-see movies, imo:
The Vengeance Triology (or just the second one, Oldboy)
the Blade Runner movies
Ex Machina
Trainspotting (only the first one)
Enter the Void
Slumdog Millionaire
Battle Royale
Pulp Fiction
the Kill Bill movies
They Live
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clash of clans hacks wrote:
Going from that list, you'll probably like:
A Clockwork Orange
Reservoir Dogs
Goodfellas
Catch Me If You Can

Some other must-see movies, imo:
The Vengeance Triology (or just the second one, Oldboy)
the Blade Runner movies
Ex Machina
Trainspotting (only the first one)
Enter the Void
Slumdog Millionaire
Battle Royale
Pulp Fiction
the Kill Bill movies
They Live

Seen all the Tarantino's on this list, enter the void, Slumdog, and catch me if you can. Heard great things about Goodfellas, and overall I think i would probably like this list based on liking what I've seen already
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once upon a time in america, a bronx tale, the godfather, these are similar films to goodfellas
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salaam hackotaku i found a movie you would most likely enjoy and another film with a scene i wanted to show you.
the film i believe you will enjoy is called "The Sunset Limited", it is about a professor (played by Tommy Lee Jones) who attempts suicide at a train platform. a man (Samuel L. Jackson), a beautiful Christian man who lives a life of modesty, pulled him to safety and dragged him to his apartment to understand why he would try to commit suicide, and hopefully show him the beauty of God who he believes should be lived for.

the entire film is set in Black's (Samuel L. Jackson's character) apartment, and is full of compelling dialogue.

youtu.be/oWjz1z4oEls?t=6221

here u go hackotaku. this is a depiction of a scene in the Qur'an, where the Jews were accusing Mary (may Allah be pleased with her) of adultery and fornication for the birth of Jesus (peace be upon him).

we Muslims regard this as the first miracle of the Messiah (beyond his virgin birth); the safeguarding of his pure mother through the testimony Allah gave him.

Quote:
    [Qur'an 19:16-36]
    16. And mention in the Scripture Mary, when she withdrew from her people to an eastern location.

17. She screened herself away from them, and We sent to her Our spirit, and He appeared to her as an immaculate human.

18. She said, “I take refuge from you in the Most Merciful, should you be righteous.”

19. He said, “I am only the messenger of your Lord, to give you the gift of a pure son.”

20. She said, “How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, and I was never unchaste?”

21. He said, “Thus said your Lord, `It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign for humanity, and a mercy from Us. It is a matter already decided.'“

22. So she carried him, and secluded herself with him in a remote place.

23. The labor-pains came upon her, by the trunk of a palm-tree. She said, “I wish I had died before this, and been completely forgotten.”

24. Whereupon he called her from beneath her: “Do not worry; your Lord has placed a stream beneath you.

25. And shake the trunk of the palm-tree towards you, and it will drop ripe dates by you.”

26. “So eat, and drink, and be consoled. And if you see any human, say, ‘I have vowed a fast to the Most Gracious, so I will not speak to any human today.'“

27. Then she came to her people, carrying him. They said, “O Mary, you have done something terrible.

28. O sister of Aaron, your father was not an evil man, and your mother was not a whore.”

29. So she pointed to him. They said, “How can we speak to an infant in the crib?”

30. He said, “I am the servant of God. He has given me the Scripture, and made me a prophet.

31. And has made me blessed wherever I may be; and has enjoined on me prayer and charity, so long as I live.

32. And kind to my mother, and He did not make me a disobedient rebel.

33. So Peace is upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the Day I get resurrected alive.”

34. That is Jesus son of Mary—the Word of truth about which they doubt.

35. It is not for God to have a child—glory be to Him. To have anything done, He says to it, “Be,” and it becomes.

36. “God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.”
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been told "Kingdom of Heaven" is supposed to be a good film for muslim and christian audiences but i wouldnt know, it'd be great to know how good it is.

"ernest and celestine" was great, loved the art.
and wooooooow the Hey Arnold Jungle movie was so unbelievably good. i cant believe how good a movie for a cartoon i watched growing up, especially that i managed to forget (and then remember it all thanks to this movie).
yeAH i cried so waht i baby

eddie murphy's Dolemite film was a great adventure with lots of feels. definitely gonna watch the original

Game Night was a nice comedy that i missed last year, good and fun adventure with laughs

we do a lot of film and tv shows
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: