Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to filter for arrays of objects?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazarada
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: How to filter for arrays of objects? Reply with quote

There is an array that lists pointers to all the mob instances within a game level, containing information about their coordinates, hp, type etc.

I know this because I found it once while scanning 5 levels deep for a pair of known mob values and array positions right next to each other. I narrowed it down to around a dozen pointer trails for each and I cross referenced the offsets to find the array index to be 2 levels below the values I scanned for.

Unfortunately this path was unstable and I wasn't able to find it again, probably because of the array positions being right next to each other was a fluke.

In order to find it again, it would be immensely helpful if I could

1. Obtain a value on mob#1 and mob#2
2. pointer scan for known value on mob#1
3. Filter each pointer trail like this (in imaginary code):

Code:

function(module_name, module_offset, offsets[], value_on_mob2) {

offsets2 = offsets.clone();
    idx1 = offsets2[offsets.size() - 2];
    for (i = -128; i <= 128; i += 4) {
        offsets2[offsets.size() - 2] = idx + i;
        if (get_value(module_name, module_offset, offsets2) == value_on_mob2) {
            return true;
        }
    }

return false;
}

so basically it would take 2 steps back and try a range of alternative offsets for where I deemed the array index to be and see if it gets a hit on the known value #2. As much as I'd love making my own scan tool and probably tweaking it for a few weeks to have good enough performance to do this task, is it possible to make CE do this?[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: